Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Help & Technical > FF Technical Support

Old 10-02-2010, 08:28 AM   #1
Joker
Chocolate Cake

Gametype: Team Fortress
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Small Problem

Hey guys I got a bit of a problem I downloaded Final Fortress v2.41 and installed it into my sourcemods folder but it doesn't work for some reason. The folder is correctly named, I have sdk base '06 and '07 and hell I even downloaded the patch and installed that just to see if it would work, but to no avail. I just get a black screen that flashes a few times, then I'm back at my desktop. Highly irritating. ( I know its not a driver or directx issue, because everything else works fine. Half Life 2, Pirates Vikings And Knights 2, Insurgency, and Zombie Panic Source. Hell even my old gldsrc games work) I really love TFC (still play it, have 250 hours logged on my favorite server) And I really would like to play FF, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Edit: I've even tried some of the advanced launch options such as -dxlevel and -heapsize

Last edited by Joker; 10-02-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2010, 09:25 AM   #2
Joker
Chocolate Cake

Gametype: Team Fortress
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Never mind guys, it was a direct 3d rendering error I found that out when I launched HL2. Re-installed and re-updated my video card drivers and problem solved. Mods, feel free to delete my little thread here

Old 10-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #3
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

Gametype: mp_prematch
Affiliations: [:)] - Frag Happy, babe|
Posts Rated Helpful 29 Times
Welcome to FF.
"As the the new year approaches I await for it like an case of explosive fecalomania otherwise know as diareha or the massive shits. I am gripping the sides of the toilet as my stomach produces the first hollow thud out of the anus of the year to come." DarkeN_HellspawN
moosh is offline   Reply With Quote