Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 10:55 PM   #21
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock View Post
I was perma banned for typing in an ip address to someone interested in learning what pickups were all about.

So ya it happens.
Yeah, server advertising gets people banned. Some people do so intentionally, others do so without realizing the rule. Players like Dr. Satan and Monoxide brought it to our attention that they put an address in and they didn't realize server advertising was against the rules and were immediately unbanned with our apologies. There are PLENTY of people who get banned like that and let their true colors show right off the bat, usually by a public thread denouncing the clan. The [o-t] server definitely isn't the place for those people.

Are there other servers that allow people to come in an give out an address, asking everyone to go to their server instead of playing there?

Scuzzy

Old 11-03-2009, 11:17 PM   #22
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy View Post
Yeah, server advertising gets people banned. Some people do so intentionally, others do so without realizing the rule. Players like Dr. Satan and Monoxide brought it to our attention that they put an address in and they didn't realize server advertising was against the rules and were immediately unbanned with our apologies. There are PLENTY of people who get banned like that and let their true colors show right off the bat, usually by a public thread denouncing the clan. The [o-t] server definitely isn't the place for those people.

Are there other servers that allow people to come in an give out an address, asking everyone to go to their server instead of playing there?

Scuzzy
tis true...I posted a link to a server to test out a new map (venganza iirc) and got auto-banned. Posted a request for a less severe ban, was perma and I just wanted a limited one like 6mo or something, and they instead removed all together after a quick review (took less than 12hrs). So it does happen!

Edit: in fact it prolly only took like 2hrs. was super fast!
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:

Last edited by Dr.Satan; 11-03-2009 at 11:18 PM.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:23 PM   #23
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
Quote:
Well, since it isn't locked.

http://forums.oldtimersclan.com/scuz...EAM_0:0:121917

Chance #1: 4/22/2007, you were kicked for language after being warned several times.
Chance #2: 8/24/2008, you tried to get people in the server to go somewhere else, the system autobanned you.

8/28/2008 you asked for a review of your ban and it was lifted.

Chance #3: 9/22/2008, you were kicked again for language after being warned several times.

Chance #4: 10/22/2009, you were muted for language and being disrespectful when asked to stop (instead of being banned like you should have been at this point).

Because of your distain for being muted you decided to start changing your name to things like "Jesus-Is-Lord" to intentionally goat the admins.

It pretty much looked like you were intentionally trying to get banned, probably for the attention, or maybe it's a new right of passage for one of the various groups. We decided that preventing you from actually communicating in the server and wearing the name "Old Timers is the Best" was a more fitting resolution to the problem.

So, saying you didn't have any infractions and didn't play under anything but your regular name isn't quite true.... is it?

Scuzzy

Seriously Scuzzy, stop defending your self so much, you have proven time and time again, that those who get ban usually come on here, lie on what they have done and then are shown that they were lying.

If you honestly let a few curse words slip, (as long as it's not soo stupid like saying Fuck 6 times in a row on the same map), they will most likely unban you.

People know me, I am vulgar and disgusting as hell(go look up Space Docking Fondue Party), but yet I am still able to load up FF and join OT no problems.

Also, instead of posting the IP to the server, tell them about IRC and #FF.Pickup, to my knowledge there is no rule preventing you from doing this!

SATAN IS MY BITCH
ricecakes: I demand SGs get a buff
squeek.: buy it a gym membership

'I have an eye for design' - Kube 2014

Last edited by Ricey; 11-03-2009 at 11:24 PM. Reason: EDIT FOR SATAN

Old 11-04-2009, 12:45 AM   #24
Gwarsbane
Slayer of humans
D&A Member

Class/Position: I'm an Offensive Defensive person
Gametype: Fortress Forever
Affiliations: I'm a merc, only thing that talks is money
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Ricey, problem with not defending himself and whats actually done is that false information gets spread around and people see that no one is countering that info so they believe its true.

The best way to counter misinformation is to posts facts. These idiots keep posting that they got instant banned and didn't do anything. So Scuzzy posts the actual facts that they actually did something many times before they were banned, or that they got instant banned for racist crap.

It sucks that he has to do this, but until they start telling the truth as to why they were banned and how many times it actually took them to get banned then hes gonna have to keep it up.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:09 AM   #25
zE
Pew pew ze beams

Gametype: Gathers
Affiliations: pew pew
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:

Scuzzy
Actually there is. I have a bot linked to server so that everytime a pickup starts it shows it sm_say sayng pickup start at channel ff.pickup. And im not even a op there.

If was to go another public server i would not like it, but adverstising for a pickup and beyng banned is lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarsbane View Post
Ricey, problem with not defending himself and whats actually done is that false information gets spread around and people see that no one is countering that info so they believe its true.

The best way to counter misinformation is to posts facts. These idiots keep posting that they got instant banned and didn't do anything. So Scuzzy posts the actual facts that they actually did something many times before they were banned, or that they got instant banned for racist crap.

It sucks that he has to do this, but until they start telling the truth as to why they were banned and how many times it actually took them to get banned then hes gonna have to keep it up.
Instant ban for acepting steam groups requests u mean :P

But dont care you guys are right, and the ff playerbase is wrong as always : )

Last edited by zE; 11-04-2009 at 01:19 AM.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:53 AM   #26
pF
no war but class war
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Soldier / Scout
Gametype: ctf
Affiliations: [w~k!]
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarsbane View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erwin_Rommel

Just because he was a Nazi doesn't actually mean he did everything that many other Nazi's did.

How about people actually look up some history on the name first before accusing anyone. There are many "Nazi" soldiers that didn't kill or torture people just because the other Nazi's were. There was many that were actually honorable and even helped people escape death camps.

Oh and for the people that don't trust Wikipedia...

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/...9/Erwin-Rommel
http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/erwin_rommel.htm
http://www.answers.com/topic/erwin-rommel
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=...e+Search&meta=

And the Erwin Rommel I know on OT is a nice good man, who doesn't support racism. Hes there for a fun time with the rest of us.
Don't mean to derail this thread, but implicitely Rommel was preparing the extension of the Holocaust to the middle east. Whether he himself was aware of this or not is still subject to debate, yet various SS groups moving about behind the frontlines, among them SS-Obersturmbannführer Walther Rauff - the inventor of the mobile gas chamber - can not have escaped the notice of the theater commander.
Rommel having led the Wehrmacht's headquarters during the murderous attack on Poland, where there is overwhelming evidence of war crimes being committed by army units offers enough material for a new thread.

So Hitler was not only interested in the oilfields further to the east, he also had plans to rid all of the middle east and north africa of jews (and it had already started in today's tunisia and in libya - 'rommels treasure' that people still hunt for was largely made up of ransacked gold etc. from local synagogues and jewish homes). Hitler's deals with the Mufti of Jerusalem and various other arab nationalist groups prove this - without general Montgomery and his string of victories, the tens of thousands of people of jewish faith living in palestine might very well have suffered the same fate as their european relatives.

Also, the personal relationship between Hitler and Rommel was excellent.. only after several disagreements on military strategy did Rommel start to move closer to the group of generals that wanted to blow Hitler up (the overwhelming majority of which were certainly no heroes either, but that's a different story).

So yeah. Not sure what's cool about using the name of a 3d Reich General, but that's just me i guess.

Gay And Lesbian Fiction | Teen Books | Bath Products

Old 11-04-2009, 04:42 AM   #27
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
People know me, I am vulgar and disgusting as hell(go look up Space Docking Fondue Party), but yet I am still able to load up FF and join OT no problems.
lmfao @ Space Docking Fondue Party!!
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:

Closed Thread