Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > Communities, Leagues, Clans and Guilds

Old 04-17-2008, 03:56 PM   #21
Discipline

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
@ dys, just making sure nothing is being directed towards me, nor any of sYn. We both said it was not a big deal, vicious just wanted me to take a screen shot to see for future information if it as illegal I guess. I know you said it's not being directed to anyone, but some people like to be sneaky lol. As someone else said, this issue wont even be a problem anymore once they make it so you have to jump before it sends you flying.. or making them destructible =P

don't worry satan, I thought the yard d rules were actually very clear so your efforts did not go in vain =P
Discipline is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2008, 04:01 PM   #22
dys
I am the nip to your bud.

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Absolutely not directed to anyone in particular. I know I kinda babbled there, I guess it was just one of my moments. I just had to get it off my chest! but again, really not meant to be directed to anyone or any clan or league.
dys is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2008, 04:21 PM   #23
BlisTer
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
not related to congestus but another nasty place for a jumppad is ontop of the water in the plasma fr... D cant get into their resup.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:44 PM   #24
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
Ok so an update here b/c I didn't really notice that there was a question on this:

In this situation it would really have to be reviewed. If they are placing it there just to mess with the team then yes, that would be illegal b/c it's griefing, but if they were honestly just using it to get across and it happened to block the cap no.

On cong it's tough b/c it could be either, if we watched the demo and they are just putting it there and then running bottom or the other side the whole time...then it's definitely a grief move, but if they were putting it there and using it consistently then it would probably not be ruled as greifing.

Ultimately though that would have to be decided through a dispute. Because that's the easiest way to review things as the whole UGC Dispute team gets involved and looks at it. If ever you feel there is something fishy then dispute it...even if you don't think that it will overturn the match and you just want that clan to learn a lesson, sometimes things warrant suspensions and what not that can't be handed out unless it's brought to our attn. Just be clear when submitting the dispute and be sure to follow the dispute guidelines.

As a general rule of thumb though:

Try to avoid building in or around; tight corridors and corners, caps, and flags whenever possible.

FYI: this was brought to my attention via pm...thank you for asking me!
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:
Dr.Satan is offline   Reply With Quote