Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
its the scout model on the cd case
mervaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2005, 11:38 AM   #22
o_pizzahut

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedBunny
Firefox sometimes fucks up the rendering, just the cost of doing business in CSS using DIVs, it seems like.
No offence, but maybe it's not proper HTML? http://validator.w3.org/ gives me 123 errors. And I'm not sure if it tests the CSS, probably does HTML only.

edit: Here's a CSS validator: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
o_pizzahut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2005, 11:40 AM   #23
o_los_omega

I swear you guys have the most talented people for this mod. Nice work... rock2 looks awesome so far.
o_los_omega is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2005, 11:51 AM   #24
o_lezard

OMG ! Beautiful Rock_2 ! Pipe Launcher too ! Maybe Soon ?
o_lezard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2005, 12:05 PM   #25
trepid_jon
Ray Ray Johnson
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Civilian
Gametype: Rocket Jousting
Affiliations: EAFD
Posts Rated Helpful 78 Times
Send a message via ICQ to trepid_jon Send a message via AIM to trepid_jon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Lord
I take it the Humvee is just a static prop?
This is true. They'll just be hangin' out...playin' Nintendo...
trepid_jon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2005, 12:37 PM   #26
o_donny

Cool! Finally a media update <3

Pipelauncer looks awsome! No mor shitty "Hey was it crosshair up or down when I want time detonation pipes?" sence they look diffrent
Also rebo has done nice work with the sniper fella

What comes for kermit, you know rock2 is my favourite map, so dont screw this up
Im not sure about the lights. Critical to spies is the dark corners. Toobad no sentry gunning on the towers...
I hope you make new hiding corners and special sg places.
o_donny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2005, 12:50 PM   #27
o_ginger lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepid_jon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Lord
I take it the Humvee is just a static prop?
This is true. They'll just be hangin' out...playin' Nintendo...
Good Good, I'll be whacking a few of them in Epicenter, maybe instead of the APC's.
o_ginger lord is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2005, 01:15 PM   #28
o_gange

Wow, Damn fine media updates devs. You lot seriously put the other mods out there to shame.

And again to point out the obvious, rock2 is looking amazing. Wonder what kind of props you will put in the cells

My only critisicm would be that now having a railing system around the top of the yard means you can't effectivly sneak around in the enemy base. Crouch walking in TFC meant you could quite well as it was a solid wall. But to keep with the style of the map, thats a change one can understand.
o_gange is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2005, 03:37 PM   #29
o_travis dane

It's getting a bit annoying that everybody's using the exact same railing in their maps. Other than that, rock2 looks spiffy, and gladly it's very clean and lacks useless CPU-munching props.
o_travis dane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2005, 03:52 PM   #30
o_bokko

Quote:
No mor shitty "Hey was it crosshair up or down when I want time detonation pipes?" sence they look diffrent
wut?

Nice update, but I was expecting something else with all the devs' talk about the update on the forums... Are you holding out on us?! :P The sniper is damn nice, can't wait to see these models with some paint slapped on. Rock2 yard is looking great, I'm not sure the grass fits the mood of the map if you know what I'm saying. :O
o_bokko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2005, 03:52 PM   #31
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

im sure if enough railings were designed and made by the prop artists, (and distributed) then a bit more variety could be possible

Old 07-30-2005, 03:55 PM   #32
o_headz

Love the pipe launcher, rock2 is looking nice apart from the rain and that cable, looks out of place from the tower, someone else said cant sneak on the above perimeter, which is a massive part of the gameplay in pubs, as we all know 90% def both teams.

Please think of the pub servers a lil more, and the jeep car thingy really could do with an engine, coil over shocks, wheel nuts, tyres to have a flater side wall and slightly bigger rims on the wheel its self, nice roof mounted spotlights, for that mapping purpose of being able to have them lighting an area up.

You forgot the corks on the sniper hat
o_headz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2005, 04:01 PM   #33
o_travis dane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mervaka
im sure if enough railings were designed and made by the prop artists, (and distributed) then a bit more variety could be possible
It's more the fact that everybody uses the HL2 railings, so each time I see them, it gives me the 'HL2'-feel. Which is usually not a good thing.
o_travis dane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2005, 04:12 PM   #34
o_ohcanep

What's wrong with the rain effect? I think rock2 is one of those maps it should fit in.
o_ohcanep is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2005, 04:44 PM   #35
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Dane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mervaka
It's more the fact that everybody uses the HL2 railings, so each time I see them, it gives me the 'HL2'-feel. Which is usually not a good thing.
i mean like, theyre placeholder railings for now, and a lot of mappers arn't prop artists, so until new railings are made, the old ones will represent them. im happy with the base hl2 railings myself, just reskinned. i might have a go at doing that myself

Old 07-30-2005, 05:24 PM   #36
o_the phenom

Great work, I'm relieved about the update too.

Rock2 looks ace and the rain fits in well. I think it looks better than the old one although I preferred other maps to rock2 - so keep it up and I'll play a lot more of rock2.

Oh yeah and great sniper and pipe launcher.

Why aren't the team mappers making a version of warpath
o_the phenom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2005, 05:30 PM   #37
o_vampiricus

Im going to say I agree with everyone in regards to the ground texture.

Im very curious how that pipe launcher looks when your holding it and when you see someone holding it, and in action. perspective in a 1st person view is always different. But it lt looks like a very good render.

Im also curious is the humvee will be anchored or will it move if something blows up next to it. can i build a SG on the hood?

Sniper looks pretty sweet. Compared to other snipers, this guy has a good appetite (he isnt so skinny like in all past mods)

In rock2 where you see the spotlight, is that area accessable?
I think maybe this map could use a little more like old rusted signes hanging over the doorways or whatnot, just something to add a little more "worn in" look. but im not going to pick flyshit out of the pepper here, im stoked about the update.

Thank you for the journal updates too, you guys rock.
o_vampiricus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2005, 05:59 PM   #38
o_bullurine

rock 2 look great. got a nice old prison look to it. maybe make it look a little more run down with the signs and stuff, but it looks good anyway!

i love that pipe launcher. i had that model from custom-tfc that looks just like it and its probably the best looking pipe model - so im glad to see its the standard here.
o_bullurine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2005, 06:00 PM   #39
schtoofa
Retired FF Staff

mmmmm coffee! Now for a couple of responses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokko
Nice update, but I was expecting something else with all the devs' talk about the update on the forums... Are you holding out on us?! :P The sniper is damn nice, can't wait to see these models with some paint slapped on. Rock2 yard is looking great, I'm not sure the grass fits the mood of the map if you know what I'm saying. :O
There's more to come Hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headz
Love the pipe launcher, rock2 is looking nice apart from the rain and that cable, looks out of place from the tower, someone else said cant sneak on the above perimeter, which is a massive part of the gameplay in pubs, as we all know 90% def both teams.

Please think of the pub servers a lil more, and the jeep car thingy really could do with an engine, coil over shocks, wheel nuts, tyres to have a flater side wall and slightly bigger rims on the wheel its self, nice roof mounted spotlights, for that mapping purpose of being able to have them lighting an area up.

You forgot the corks on the sniper hat
Don't forget that FF isn't meant to be an updated TFC; it's a fortress-style mod for the Source engine. The FF maps, though in structure may look similar to some that appear in TFC, will play their own way. In comparison to their TFC counterparts, some map features will remain, some will disappear, and some will be updated... but all the maps will *play*.

To say we're not thinking of pub play is a little off base "thinking of pub play" does not mean recreating the ability to do things that people did in TFC pubs. At least according to my definition :P

Cheers! Thanks for the nice comments, folks. Suggestions are welcomed. Remember these shots are all works in progress to show you some of what we're doing; they're not final products =)

Old 07-30-2005, 06:14 PM   #40
o_zorro

nice looking pipelauncher, i will be seeing alot of that one probibly more of the mirvs though
o_zorro is offline   Reply With Quote