trepid_jon
Ray Ray Johnson
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Civilian
Gametype: Rocket Jousting
Affiliations: EAFD
Posts Rated Helpful 78 Times
Send a message via ICQ to trepid_jon Send a message via AIM to trepid_jon
I'm thinking there could be an ff_hunted2 that's based on an area in HL2, while ff_hunted would remain true TFC's hunted which was based on an area in HL1. I don't know if any of us will get around to making an ff_hunted2 or whatever it would be named, but I think it would be pretty cool to play hunted gameplay in some HL2 area.
trepid_jon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2005, 10:08 PM   #22
o_dr zauis

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Well Soulreaper has given me the original files, so i can put this map into Hammer. I will start production on the Hammer file soon. And was wondering if i get it finished and approved (obviously) by your staff, is it possible that you could add it to the initial release? Thanks for you time.
o_dr zauis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2005, 02:05 AM   #23
o_bullurine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr Zauis
Well Soulreaper has given me the original files, so i can put this map into Hammer. I will start production on the Hammer file soon. And was wondering if i get it finished and approved (obviously) by your staff, is it possible that you could add it to the initial release? Thanks for you time.
it looks like a decent map, but i wouldnt add it to the official FF maplist, as it is not a map redone/created by the FF team. maybe the FF team could create a section of the site for maps already done by the FF community. People could download them from the site the ones they liked and they would have some custom maps ready even before the final release of FF. maybe the dev team would pick their favorite custom maps made by the community and feature them on the site.
o_bullurine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2005, 07:33 AM   #24
o_dr zauis

Ok, ive done a lot to this map so far with textures and new areas/bug fixes(only a couple)/making areas look better. My question now is there anything you as a community would like to see on a hunted map. Silly things, serious things, things that make you pee.....anything really, i want to add little touches of the TFC to the map so everyone who plays it feels like a part of them is in the map. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks again.

dr Zauis
http://www.synergygaming.com
o_dr zauis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2005, 12:24 AM   #25
o_hunter

JEC was one of the best communities in TFC for a long time. I started playing TFC in late 1999 and after about 3 months I found myself on the JEC server constantly when it was still vanilla hunted with all snipers against the rest. I dont know what their requirements turned into but it used to be you were in JEC if all you did was play there a bit and didn't act like a jerk, apparently that was beyond shadowe's ability, but whatever. They always accepted newbies and taught them the ropes. You could spend hours playing on JEC and never meet a bad egg. They made changes to hunted to keep it fresh, it gets a bit old after 4-5 years. Some of my best memories of TFC come from being a sniper and killing the prez as he was just about to touch the exit, only for him to quit the game and everyone yell "DEMORALIZED!"
o_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2005, 12:25 AM   #26
o_hunter

I think any new hunted maps should be snipers for the hunters only, anything else is cheap like so many servers allowed, makes nobody want to be the prez.
o_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote