Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

View Poll Results: What gameplay mode do you prefer?
Capture the Flag (ff_well, ff_2fort, ff_aardvark, etc.) 50 66.67%
Attack and Defend (ff_dustbowl, ff_cornfield, ff_palermo) 20 26.67%
Other (ff_hunted, ff_push) 5 6.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2008, 09:37 PM   #21
=AS= Pt

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
CTF rocks... In my opinion, FF should have more ClanStyle Servers =). Fortunatly =AS= already as one.

AvD is good to change a bit.

Concmaps are cool too.
=AS= Pt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2008, 08:31 PM   #22
Handym
I got some bread, bitch

Send a message via MSN to Handym Send a message via Skype™ to Handym
Oh well, I love A/D and all, but killing an old man with an umbrella just beats everything, specially when the bodyguards try to sneak him up the manholes just for me to do my death-from-above-kamikazee-thing-attack on him.
I voted hunted, but I gotta admit, AvD is also great. Sneaking up on the defense on dustbowl and sabotaging their sentries while cloaked, with nobody watching... wait... I shouldn't have said that... <_<... >_>... *runs like hell*
Handym is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2008, 12:11 AM   #23
golfisfun
The CHAMP IS HERE

Send a message via AIM to golfisfun
CTF ALL THE FN WAY
golfisfun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2008, 12:17 AM   #24
Firefox11

Class/Position: O&D: Pyro, Sniper
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: FF.AvD [FF AvD/ID guild]
[Phoenix Wright mode ON!]
Objection!!!

You sir, hack in-game! And I've got the proof right here right now! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handym
I voted hunted, but I gotta admit, AvD is also great. Sneaking up on the defense on dustbowl and sabotaging their sentries while cloaked, with nobody watching... wait... I shouldn't have said that... <_<... >_>... *runs like hell*
In the HL2 Mod Fortress Forever you can't sabotage SGs while cloaked because they would shot you before you had time to get near them!
[/Phoenix Wright mode]

That said, I like AvD style more than CTF, though it's fun to do CTF too. So yeah, I want an "any" option too =o
Firefox11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2008, 11:57 PM   #25
Arvingorn
Angry, angry Spy

Class/Position: Turtle Engie
CTF! Well and Aardvark ftw!
Arvingorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2008, 08:20 AM   #26
Peon
Altitude Junkie
D&A Member

Class/Position: Agressive Medic or Pyro...as long as I can fly baby!
Gametype: CTF
CTF is more like a true sport in that both side are the same, and both teams are attempting the same thing simultaneosly. A good CTF team has to balance itself out well to succeed in this style. CTF also allows for small breaks in the gameplay, and more of the ability to be sneaky. There's also more instances in CTF where you can get a 1 on 1 deathmatch once in a while, and it's more viable when you only have a few players. Of course, this is the mode that all the classes were designed in the first place for.

AvD is really freaking fun, for sure as hell, but you always see the same player classes on either team. Also, the Spy's viability on those maps is highly dubious....not a whole lot of room to be sneaky until the last few feet to the cap. And of course, if you don't have many players, it doesn't seem to be as much fun. You don't really get the team balance in this mode, so for me it's more of a break from CTF. BTW....when will Avanti out?

I really dig Push and Waterpolo too...just not as much as CTF...even though they're pretty close to it.

I like Hunted a bit, but you really have to space this map out.....I think even once a day would be too much.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”"
- George Carlin
Peon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2008, 09:17 AM   #27
MightyLotu

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
ctf, but i like all the rest too
MightyLotu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2008, 12:25 PM   #28
Firefox11

Class/Position: O&D: Pyro, Sniper
Affiliations: FF.AvD [FF AvD/ID guild]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peon
CTF is more like a true sport in that both side are the same, and both teams are attempting the same thing simultaneosly. A good CTF team has to balance itself out well to succeed in this style. CTF also allows for small breaks in the gameplay, and more of the ability to be sneaky. There's also more instances in CTF where you can get a 1 on 1 deathmatch once in a while, and it's more viable when you only have a few players. Of course, this is the mode that all the classes were designed in the first place for.
1v1? Like, Scout vs Soldier? That's not a DM, it's a murder ;D And nobody would say that classes where designed for CTF, seeing as Sniper isn't leagueable, as well as Pyro and Spy as some people say =o
I will agree that it shows the ability of each team since they seek the same goal, so the best balanced offensively and defensively team will probably win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peon
AvD is really freaking fun, for sure as hell, but you always see the same player classes on either team. Also, the Spy's viability on those maps is highly dubious....not a whole lot of room to be sneaky until the last few feet to the cap. And of course, if you don't have many players, it doesn't seem to be as much fun. You don't really get the team balance in this mode, so for me it's more of a break from CTF. BTW....when will Avanti out?
If by same classes you mean all 9 on Offense and about 6 as D, I agree =D That's way more than the ones useful in CTF, I believe. The Spy is actually pretty useful, even against very organised teams, if you know what you are doing - i.e., not Sab the SGs, just grenade them. Just the fact of avoiding the SG fire makes the Spy the best class at taking out middle range well placed SGs. It needs more players, but I think it's the easiest mode to play, since you only need to focus in one thing.

Oh yeah, we need Avanti and other AD maps, like Ksour, that allow lower number of players.
Firefox11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2008, 01:16 PM   #29
Vicious
Nothing left to believe in

I picked "other" because those are the maps you go to when you get bored with the CTF maps and whatnot. I miss the old days with nightshift and the other civvy fun maps...
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2008, 01:54 PM   #30
reaper18
sKeeD
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout, Demo, Solly
Gametype: Any
Posts Rated Helpful 21 Times
Send a message via AIM to reaper18
Agreed @ Buck

and granted, isnt CZ2 the only Cp map atm?
We need more maps rather than ctf for this game, more murderball, more cp, more hunted
more cake
more beer
and most of all
more players
reaper18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2008, 02:53 PM   #31
Mr. Happy
FF LOL

I don't think the traditional ctf map, two bases facing each other with a yard, is suited to tf gameplay. I think that with capture point maps like warpath and cz2 and canalzon you get much closer fighting, witht your team generally closer together and working together better and also OvO and DvD (which is a good thing on CP maps). I feels like there's so much more action and awesome sauce going on.

I'd say after that avanti style, that japanese one from tfc (forgot name) was really damn awesome.

I love AvD, the leagues should bring back 5v5 AvD!
Mr. Happy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2008, 03:40 PM   #32
myersjr

CTF all the way, guess im one of those cap happy guys.. What are they called, "conc monkeys"??
myersjr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2008, 10:38 PM   #33
VinnytheBoss
Boss 4 all da rite reasons

Class/Position: O scout/med D sol/demo
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: Founder of the Goodfellas.
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
CTF for organized gameplay...I like AvD on pubs more and just for fun...although i wouldnt mind playing them for leagues organized either....

CTF maps that come to mind are siden, plasma, evenflow, monkey, sd2, i like em all.....i love ctf mostly and ctf 4v4's are very fun on FF ( very fast)
VinnytheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2008, 11:07 PM   #34
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Happy
I'd say after that avanti style, that japanese one from tfc (forgot name) was really damn awesome.
Osaka?