Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 10:34 PM   #1
wakka

Class/Position: top
Gametype: pwning caroline in bed
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I have been banned from O-T

for disrespecting players/admins

but when did I do this? this ban happened last night when I wasn't playing. I have received no warning about this ban and also no explanation.

I have to post this here as I am also banned from the forums!

Assuming you will read this scuzzy, explanation please? I enjoy playing on o-t

Old 02-01-2010, 10:40 PM   #2
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
http://forums.oldtimersclan.com/sendmessage.php
http://forums.fortress-forever.com/m...p?userid=10092

Last edited by Bridget; 02-01-2010 at 10:41 PM.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:01 PM   #3
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Locking this. Thanks for posting the info Bridget. You can handle this via pm or http://forums.fortress-forever.com/s...19&postcount=2

Just want to stop the asshats from joining in wakka.

Last edited by [AE] 82694; 02-01-2010 at 11:03 PM. Reason: added link

Old 02-01-2010, 11:53 PM   #4
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
http://forums.oldtimersclan.com/scuz...ew_request.php

Old 02-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #5
[o-t] mav

Gametype: Capture the Flag
I did not like being the person who was chosen to flick dirt on and to flick it on the old-timers clan server as well. although it was a nicely done video, so, do you really need to ask why I permanently banned you from our server? I do not undermine or get involved with clan bashing of any sort. and I expect the same in return. You must remember that in life, if you act like a llama, you'll end up as one..

Old 02-02-2010, 03:38 PM   #6
wakka

So because of the video above I am now permanently banned from the [o-t] server?

You have placed a personal ban on your judgement on the use of your name? I'm sorry but I do not see where this "bash" is coming from, it's showing someone being bored and untested... we are all bored and untested at some time in our FF careers.

I will be very disapointed if my ban is actually permanent and that you are so sensitive as to place it on your server because of this video.

Old 02-02-2010, 03:38 PM   #7
immortal
BADASS

Class/Position: D Solly, O Med
Gametype: kill.conc.cap
Affiliations: [TALOS]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [o-t] mav View Post
I did not like being the person who was chosen to flick dirt on and to flick it on the old-timers clan server as well. although it was a nicely done video, so, do you really need to ask why I permanently banned you from our server? I do not undermine or get involved with clan bashing of any sort. and I expect the same in return. You must remember that in life, if you act like a llama, you'll end up as one..
[sarcasm]
truer words have never been said!
[/sarcasm]

@topic:

i like that video!
well done.
zE is a good server, but i still rather playing on FFBR server where i can decently fire rockets and conc jump

Old 02-02-2010, 03:42 PM   #8
Elmo
Gets tickled by FF
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med Solly HW
Gametype: Any/CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 41 Times
wow...
Done: ff_warpath
Forever Doing: ff_medieval (beta#99999999)

Old 02-02-2010, 03:52 PM   #9
yfni

Gametype: Capture the Flag
what elmo said. [o-t]mav dude... it's a harmless joke tastefully done. get over yourself and see the humor.

Old 02-02-2010, 03:55 PM   #10
Elmo
Gets tickled by FF
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med Solly HW
Gametype: Any/CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 41 Times
I even watched it again to check how I must have missed something so deserving of a ban
Done: ff_warpath
Forever Doing: ff_medieval (beta#99999999)

Last edited by Elmo; 02-02-2010 at 03:55 PM.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:59 PM   #11
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww w

i'm lolling so hard

i think it's for the better, wakka, lmfao

Old 02-02-2010, 06:26 PM   #12
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
I try to steer clear of the Old Timers shit now, but I think this about sums it up. Maybe they put your name in the video to give you some recognition or credit for the footage? I'd be flattered if people considered me 'untested' with the average pub and implied that I needed to stomp a full server to be entertained. Did you not notice the leading footage? It was a Soldier (in the movie, this is supposed to be your 'character') destroying some offense run. What an honor, right? Hell, if Mav doesn't want his name on that, I'll take it.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:30 PM   #13
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

Class/Position: kittens are sneaky, spy
Gametype: Capture the mouse
lol didn't even notice. But looking at it again it's kind of funny. Glad I got to find out why a playa like Wak was banned since the other discussion on the subject ended.
6 of the 10 richest counties in America now surround Washington D.C. Our "capitol" edged out Silicon Valley as the nation's richest metro area. Reality Distortion Field = 1. Stream the distractions: One percent, hoodies, and kony oh my.

Last edited by stray kitten; 02-02-2010 at 08:31 PM.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:25 PM   #14
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
I try to steer clear of the Old Timers shit now, but I think this about sums it up. Maybe they put your name in the video to give you some recognition or credit for the footage? I'd be flattered if people considered me 'untested' with the average pub and implied that I needed to stomp a full server to be entertained. Did you not notice the leading footage? It was a Soldier (in the movie, this is supposed to be your 'character') destroying some offense run. What an honor, right? Hell, if Mav doesn't want his name on that, I'll take it.
I think that's an interesting historitcal re-write. It seems pretty clear that the open piece is supposed to be [o-t] Mav in an empty boring server, as opposed to the "fun" environment of another. If you want to piss on the [o-t], that's fine, but don't expect it to go unnoticed. Ultimately we've tried to support individuals, we've even allowed ban reviews after the FF community asked us to adjust our no-unban policy... I think the patience for such things has ended. Aside from that, from wakka's point of view in the video, he's lost nothing, so I'm not sure what the big deal is.

Scuzzy

Old 02-03-2010, 02:03 PM   #15
wakka

I'm not sure where you are getting this "piss on" idea from Scuzzy. It seems you and mav are both being very sensitive towards this video. You yourself can see I play on the [o-t] server quite alot and now I have been banned for producing a small video. It seems as if you are taking unnecessary action in a bid to "defend" yourselves, when really you are making a fool of yourselves.

Scuzzy, you pride yourself in that ban list and being able to give a good reason for anyones ban on your server. They come on these forums crying about being banned and then you hit them with the facts. I do applaud that but your reason for banning me seems to be "it's what you want" kinda like what you did to those random players who joined a certain steam group... The whole idea of me getting this ban is just ridiculous, very immature and now has tarnished your actual ban system.

Clearly from the fact that I asked for a ban review I do wish to keep playing on your server as it provides a friendly, unstressful, llama free environment... it offers something different. However the video is opinion based and banning someone on the assumption they want banned is stupid.

Can I also add something directly to mav, it is a POOR admin decision to ban someone based on something personal and not server/rule related... If my ban is actually permanent then I should edit my video to "24/7 unbiased mature admin support".

Last edited by wakka; 02-03-2010 at 02:08 PM.

Old 02-03-2010, 03:13 PM   #16
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakka
Clearly from the fact that I asked for a ban review I do wish to keep playing on your server as it provides a friendly, unstressful, llama free environment... it offers something different. However the video is opinion based and banning someone on the assumption they want banned is stupid.
It is an opinion based video, and from the video your opinion of the [o-t] environment seems fairly clear. Why would we want someone going out of their way to promote our server as a bad place to play access to it? Why should we allow you to take up a slot? Your willing to promote that server at the expense of ours. You use out clan members in videos to do so. Whether you like the term or not, that is pissing on the [o-t] environment. Your video does not present "different" environments. It's an attempt to degrade our server. I realize that this gains you point in other communities, it's much like the requirements of some clans here that you get banned from [o-t] before you can join. You got your points.

Mav didn't make an adminstrative decision, he made a community decision. He decided to remove someone from our environment that was an intentional negative influence. Nothing wrong with that what so ever from my perspective. You calling our server stupid, us fools, our admin's poor, immature, etc, makes it clear that he probably made a pretty good call and headed off a problem player before you became a huge issue. I'm not familiar with you, but seems like a sound removal to me so far.

Scuzzy

Old 02-03-2010, 03:20 PM   #17
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

Class/Position: kittens are sneaky, spy
Gametype: Capture the mouse
BTW....

I HATE it when Solly plays the T in Monkey.
6 of the 10 richest counties in America now surround Washington D.C. Our "capitol" edged out Silicon Valley as the nation's richest metro area. Reality Distortion Field = 1. Stream the distractions: One percent, hoodies, and kony oh my.

Old 02-03-2010, 03:44 PM   #18
Playa_FF

Class/Position: Solly/ Engy D
Gametype: O v. D
Your my hero scuzzy. Lets see how many people in the FF community will still be able to play on [o-t] by the end of the games life. Plus, hey scuzzy link me why i was banned please. I forgot.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:09 PM   #19
wakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy View Post
You calling our server stupid, us fools, our admin's poor, immature, etc,
- all this was initiated by your admins poor decision making.

This is all entirely based on mavs decision to ban me which is entirely because of an intro to a video which does nothing to degrade o-t. zE's server provides love, it provides a testing environment it is the #1 server in FF for a reason. What other player could I have used for an introduction? I don't know many players that can't bunnyhop and also walk in strange jerky mouse movement lines... If anything this is an attack on mav, but this is not an attack... just a harmless joke and no-one mentioned anything about o-t or the LOLZ until mav took it TOO personal and banned me.

I don't break any rules on your server, I play fair and I listen to the admins. This is what you should consider when banning someone, otherwise your whole "defending your bans" e-police strategy is a joke.

bottom line is, your server carries no warning about being banned because of activities outside of it. Maybe you should put that in the MOTD.

and me having this horrible opinion of [o-t]? it came AFTER i was banned.

Also there is no mention of the [o-t] server being a bad place to play? I don't know where you are getting that from? It is simply mav running around being bored, it's an advertisement for zE Palace... there is no attack on the [o-t] server.

If mav is so self conscious as to place a ban on me because of me imitating his playstyle then I am sorry, I apologise. I did not mean to offend you or make you feel singled out.

If the intro stated "[o-t] server" then that, fair enough... you can take that as a dig against [o-t] but that's not what I did.

Last edited by wakka; 02-03-2010 at 04:15 PM.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:16 PM   #20
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa_FF View Post
Your my hero scuzzy. Lets see how many people in the FF community will still be able to play on [o-t] by the end of the games life. Plus, hey scuzzy link me why i was banned please. I forgot.
Not sure, this you? It's the only "Playa" I can find through mutli-name search.

http://forums.oldtimersclan.com/scuz...M_0:1:24618050

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakka View Post
- all this was initiated by your admins poor decision making.

This is all entirely based on mavs decision to ban me which is entirely because of an intro to a video which does nothing to degrade o-t. zE's server provides love, it provides a testing environment it is the #1 server in FF for a reason. What other player could I have used for an introduction? I don't know many players that can't bunnyhop and also walk in strange jerky mouse movement lines... If anything this is an attack on mav, but this is not an attack... just a harmless joke and no-one mentioned anything about o-t or the LOLZ until mav took it TOO personal and banned me.

I don't break any rules on your server, I play fair and I listen to the admins. This is what you should consider when banning someone, otherwise your whole "defending your bans" e-police strategy is a joke.

bottom line is, your server carries no warning about being banned because of activities outside of it. Maybe you should put that in the MOTD.

and me having this horrible opinion of [o-t]? it came AFTER i was banned.
Well then from your perspective there is really little left to talk about, don't you think? I personally don't buy it, but we can agree to disagree. FF doesn't provide a MOTD that would accomodate your request, you'll need to talk to the dev team to fix that.

Scuzzy

Closed Thread

Tags
o-t ban