Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 04-29-2006, 06:39 PM   #161
o_arqentus

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mescalito
Arqentus = Comerade Tiki?
Sorry, don't know the person. You must be referring to somebody else who must be not so pleased with the inclusion of free BH in the mod???
o_arqentus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2006, 06:41 PM   #162
o_mescalito

umm no. not free bhop. any bhop.
o_mescalito is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2006, 06:43 PM   #163
o_rannibunny

hehe, you sound like some of my classmates...

In fact, you're a "sitting duck" if you jump a lot (like in bunnyhopping), because that determines where you'll be and a good defender can use it to his advantage.
If I can't slip past the defense bunnyhopping I stop hopping immediately and dodge with strafing...
o_rannibunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2006, 06:43 PM   #164
o_ohcanep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arqentus
Unfortunatly, it does affect the gameplay a lot, and it litterly changes the nature of the game. It doubles the speed of the offence teams, creating way to much pressure on the defence teams ( like i said before, say bye bye to tactics, and welcome to Unreal Tournament Dead Match ).
Bhoppin' attackers create too much pressure on defence, at this very moment? I think you're talkin' about the days of uncapped BH when that might have been possible. As it is now, I don't see how bunnyhopping would cause such problems for the defence.
o_ohcanep is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2006, 07:33 PM   #165
Dospac
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Dospac Send a message via AIM to Dospac Send a message via MSN to Dospac Send a message via Yahoo to Dospac
Air control will function similarly to TFC. It sounds like some of you are arguing against air control, which I can only reply to by saying we'll be making sure everyone knows about it and can learn to do it through the training portion of FF.

As for speed limiting, our solution is more elastic than TFC and will increase the speed of the game in some situations, regardless of what exact # we set the speed cap at.
Dospac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2006, 07:47 PM   #166
o_ekse

yeah, remove the bunnyhopping and aircontrole and call the game "counter strike source - flagmode"

ps: the faster the game - the better
o_ekse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2006, 07:49 PM   #167
o_paft

Dospac Good to hear.

As i think Half-life/tfc Air control is the best Ive experienced. It just feels correct.
- not to over the top, thats one of many reasons the game works so well.
o_paft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2006, 07:52 PM   #168
o_arqentus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekse
yeah, remove the bunnyhopping and aircontrole and call the game "counter strike source - flagmode"
Or using your same argument. Increase the speed, and call it "Unreal Tournament".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paft Dunk
Dospac Good to hear.

As i think Half-life/tfc Air control is the best Ive experienced. It just feels correct.
- not to over the top, thats one of many reasons the game works so well.
I agree with that. TFC had some very nice Air Control. At leased you didn't end up as a sitting ( or dare i say Flying ) duck, ready to be shot down.
o_arqentus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2006, 08:07 PM   #169
o_elvis2049

and with that aircontrol u can bunnyhop ROFL!!
so stop calling bunnyhopping kina a lame way for off to cap some flags.
i just know iff u learn how to bunnyhop u love it to and u will never want to play unreal or whatever shooter again.
it just feels right it becomes natural ^^
and besides that the def can use b-hopping to so....
and te def doest have to walk/jump asfar as the off does
o_elvis2049 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2006, 08:16 PM   #170
o_ekse

Quote:
Or using your same argument. Increase the speed, and call it "Unreal Tournament".
unreal tournament is not a fast game

Old 04-29-2006, 08:17 PM   #171
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekse

Psst... CS has air control. You just can't bunnyhop because the game slows you down even before you land.

Old 04-29-2006, 08:18 PM   #172
o_ekse

true, there was even bunnyhopping at some point. too long ago since i played it

Old 04-29-2006, 08:22 PM   #173
o_mescalito

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis2049
and with that aircontrol u can bunnyhop ROFL!!
so stop calling bunnyhopping kina a lame way for off to cap some flags.
i just know iff u learn how to bunnyhop u love it to and u will never want to play unreal or whatever shooter again.
it just feels right it becomes natural ^^
and besides that the def can use b-hopping to so....
and te def doest have to walk/jump asfar as the off does
he^ can't spell but he speaks the truth. it's just simple as that. after you learned to bhop you can't go back. even if your (Arqentus) argument is 99.9% valid, there's nothing you can do about the fact that the majority of peeps here bhoping like crazy and simply won't play the game if they couldn't.

now i can't bhop in TFC. am i crying about it?

i learned to bhop in ETF (it's easy there) in a couple of days and there's nothing wrong about that game except it's ETF and not TFC (that's right fuck you all).

when ff will out(?) you'll just have to learn like everybody else and try to be better or leave. it's harsh but simple and there's nothing you can do about it.

Old 04-30-2006, 01:32 AM   #174
o_ekim

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Ok, well, then tell us, what do you propose to balance defence & offence in regards to the usage of BH ( with a only 200% speedcap ). I'm eager to hear your solution.
I have no idea what you're talking about. Bunnyhopping is not inherently unbalancing. I can play TFC right now with a capped bunnyhop and it's not massively biased towards offence. I don't have to make a "proposal" to fix bunnyhopping. I just have to claim you're talking out of ignorance when you're saying it's broken.

Last edited by o_ekim; 04-30-2006 at 09:17 AM.
o_ekim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2006, 05:32 AM   #175
o_kam

Quote:
As for speed limiting, our solution is more elastic than TFC and will increase the speed of the game in some situations, regardless of what exact # we set the speed cap at.
What is the # you're setting the speed cap at?
o_kam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2006, 12:13 PM   #176
o_player

All I can do to prove to anti-bhoppers that bhopping doesn't unbalance the game is to not bhop and play against them. As they usually say "You are nothing without bunny hop, you noob." So I face them and play just as good, then they just leave. Sore losers
o_player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2006, 01:27 PM   #177
o_paft

Hey! i don't know if i sounding like i was against bunny hopping or not, it wasn't mean to sound like that.

Bunny-hopping is a skill which a player takes advantage of air control/gravity.(Which we all know)
Nothing wrong with that. Same goes for Rocket jumping or Conc jumping and any other form of none intended advantage.
o_paft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2006, 04:29 PM   #178
o_aftershock

If you played TFC now, you would realise that playing against offense that try to use their movement skill vs your DM skill is actually the most fun way to play. The biggest problem/annoyance for defense players is actually the opposite: spamming grenades without any movement/bhop skill at all.

The whole fun of TFC is that you can use movement skill to achieve goals, not just fighting skill.

Whats more fun as demoman?
1. Laying a pipetrap and trying to det just when the enemy comes onto it
2. Laying a pipetrap then having an enemy throw 2 grenades on you.

Whats more fun as soldier?
1. Trying to predict where an enemy player is moving and shooting him - giving you free control of your own actions
2. Standing in a defensive position and having grenades randomly come round the corner until you are dead.

Whats more fun as HWGuy?
1. Trying to track people moving through the air with concs and air control
2. Trying to fire at someone hiding behind a wall, but you cant move since you are firing, so you get hit by grenades over and over...

ETC. I could describe the same for other classes - fighting against movement based offense is 10000000000x more fun than fighting against spam based offense.

BTW, they are also increasing rocket speed to compensate for the faster play.
o_aftershock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2006, 04:57 PM   #179
o_id_

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterShock
BTW, they are also increasing rocket speed to compensate for the faster play.
i must have missed that somewhere... you have a thread that says they are definitely doing this? according to the video that was released, the rocket speed seems nearly identical to that of tfc.
o_id_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2006, 05:20 PM   #180
o_mescalito

they are still working on it i guess. it's not definit yet. they're gonna calculate their shit and behave accordingly.