Didn't know it was this bad :s

I wanted some Aardvark funz

Old 10-17-2007, 07:22 AM   #122
Paft
Beta Tester

Class/Position: [O] Med
Gametype: CTF/Skills
Posts Rated Helpful 67 Times
I guess it feels quiet without bots. They make up 80% of the community in TFC.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:54 AM   #123
Mike.Gayner

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barronofhellion
perhaps they should own a multi-million dollar company and spam the shit out of everybody with gay steam pop-ups with a big gay fat guy grining like an ass every time somebody does something , while paying shit loads of money to reviewers to spread the word about tf2, while targeting the mass- lil' 7 year olds that dont have to work 8+ hour jobs that have nothing better to do at the end of the day except play video games.
It's this type of disgusting attitude that turns people off this community. So if you enjoy TF2, you must be a spoilt child? Ad hominem attacks on one of the worlds most respected game developers does nothing for community growth asshole.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:43 AM   #124
iamaelephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner
It's this type of disgusting attitude that turns people off this community. So if you enjoy TF2, you must be a spoilt child? Ad hominem attacks on one of the worlds most respected game developers does nothing for community growth asshole.
Not to mention he's directing his vitriolic hate towards the company that made this game possible in the first place by developing the Source engine and, prior to that, releasing TFC and giving the TF community a much-needed shot in the arm.

And if TF2 is directed only at the 7-year olds then where are all the older players? Certainly not playing FF.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:19 AM   #125
Norris
The Good German

I'd say the hardcore fans and total TF2 haters need to except that TF2 is going to succeed. New players will play TF2. Insulting them, spaming their irc channels, spaming mm1 or sprays like "TF2 is for kiddos - FF for real TF fans" on TF2 servers etc won't help this mod in any kind of way.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:35 AM   #126
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
now kids, bear in mind the FF team and valve have a friendly working relationship! the only problem is they have a responsibility to work commercially, and i dont blame them for that, such is life.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:25 PM   #127
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Nope, FF just got the short end of the stick because of release time. I'd wager if we'd had some more full time programmers or a clone of Aftershock, we'd have been done earlier in the year, by months more likely.

I'd enjoy the hell out of TF2 if I ran a server where I could boot the non-teamplaying jerkoffs.

i r t3h sn1p4r, fe4r m3! So many snipers, fatties and medics...

You are a pirate!

Old 10-17-2007, 01:04 PM   #128
Private_Joker
a fucking comedian
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout and Medic
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Private_Joker
Quote:
Originally Posted by mervaka
the only problem is they have a responsibility to work commercially, and i dont blame them for that, such is life.
Agreed.

-Joker

Old 10-17-2007, 01:20 PM   #129
EngeeMan
Banned

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
ff_charybda allowed people to really flex their FF concing, and I have to say: as long as FF has concing and movement, it will have something TF2 never will. TF2 was made to be mass marketable, and it achieved its goal. I know people who have never played a single Fortress game in their life, and they like TF2. It's made to be easy to play, no real skill involved.

Which is why us real men are playing FF. Just look at it that way .
Yep, it takes no skill to play TF2. You pretty much just hold Mouse1 and W and win the game. In fact, every game of TF2 is pretty much a dice roll to see who wins based entirely on crits since the game takes no skill everyone is already a master at it.

What's your steamID? I want to play TF2 with you some time. I mean, you do have TF2 right? You aren't talking about a game you don't play, I hope.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:22 PM   #130
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

Its too early to tell if tf2 is going to succeed. Give it 1~2 years. It might end up like dods.

it's too early to tell for ff also. The netcode will be improved, max player is going to go up, and once a modeler joins again, the animations can be improved. I think if the max player can be increased to at least 26~28, players will tend to stick around longer. I mostly play in 16-22 servers, but as soon as you see 3 people leave, people start to follow them out, and it suddenly loses like 7 players. At least with a player max increase, 3 players leaving will not seem like a "time to go" cue?

Old 10-17-2007, 05:40 PM   #131
Lt Llama

Old 10-17-2007, 05:54 PM   #132
-=bingo-bango=-
Spirit Studios

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: Blue Team
Send a message via AIM to -=bingo-bango=- Send a message via MSN to -=bingo-bango=-
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~kev~

1. Bad timing.

A. Halo 3 was just released. A lot of the console gamers are playing this instead of PC games.

B. tf2, that piece of C***P was released.

So FF is having to compete for people in the gaming community.
u only put down one reason

Old 10-17-2007, 06:22 PM   #133
Mike.Gayner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Uudge
Its too early to tell if tf2 is going to succeed. Give it 1~2 years. It might end up like dods.
These days, if it takes 1 - 2 years before a game starts losing players, it's a success. And that's a good thing, I might add.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:45 PM   #134
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Llama

That's cool man!

Old 10-17-2007, 10:38 PM   #135
Fathom

Well it is dwindling at an alarming rate now. It seems to really be evening out well under 150 ppl now.

I don't know how or what to do, my pub is still popular but I don't see hardly any other servers doing well now. I'm going to be really disappointed if it dies out I think the mod is extremely good for a new release.

Unfortunately I don't know what else to do, I've alread posted on most forums and told about as many people as I could.

Short of hacking people and installing it and making FF execute when they try to load TF2 or CSS I have no other ideas

Old 10-18-2007, 11:58 AM   #136
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
i think it all lies from within the team ourselves now.. we just to push this fucking patch out asap and remind literally everyone who has hl2 to fucking play the game!

Old 10-18-2007, 04:15 PM   #137
Gunslinger

Since I got TF2 working on my PC, I've tried playing FF twice. First time I was bored shitless on an 8D vs 8D game of Monkey before it crashed after about 20 minutes. The second time it crashed after 5 minutes and some constant whining. The crap community I could live with if there was more than 3 active servers, but I'd rather just load up TF2 and have a fairly relaxed blast for 30 minutes/an hour.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:43 PM   #138
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

http://www.fortress-forever.com/foru...5&postcount=12

Old 10-18-2007, 09:07 PM   #139
Caspar

Bugs.... Regular crashes are bad.

Overpowered HWG, SGs and no maps = no help to player count

Old 10-18-2007, 10:50 PM   #140
df`

TF2 isn't really holding my interest, and FF is dead.

At this rate, it looks like I'll be heading back to wowcraft...

Patch 1.1, the world needs you.

Closed Thread