Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 08-20-2006, 03:44 PM   #121
o_afx

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsquared
Thats lame on so many ways. If you miss the shot you have to go somewear else. I like it with out the lazer thats just my 2cents
Dont miss the shot then....
o_afx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2006, 04:10 PM   #122
o_oggy

Yeah get some skills noob!
o_oggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2006, 04:14 PM   #123
o_tennovan

Haha. Its not that lame... do you really care about the laser in a video game? The devs are more than capable of balancing out classes.
o_tennovan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2006, 04:27 PM   #124
o_unknownfigure

Amazing. Work.

I've been hoping and hoping for this mod for a long time, I've heard about it a year back I think, when TF2 was known as dead. FF immediatly stole my love, as this team is loyal to the Fortress concept. Now, nearing release, and with all of this media you are just pouring out...

I pissed my pants. When I saw the conc, the flames, hell, even the character models in the world is amazing. Absolutely amazing. And the AC heat meter is something I think should stay, it's a concept that should be worked on if it doesn't work out too well at first, because that's a good way to get back at those damn HW's....

Something I need to know. How's the FPS in gameplay at any given time with character models and numerous effects on screen, and what hardware is the team running? I know I'm going to have to upgrade my computer. I'm just wondering how much I'm going to have to go. (Going all the way later this year, but still.)

Great job, I don't see anything I don't particularly like, other than the sniper beam, but I can live with that. It'll add some extra pressure as a sniper to make that shot, and will prevent a mass team genocide when someone cant find that skilled sniper.
o_unknownfigure is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2006, 05:10 PM   #125
o_mescalito

That's a really cool update there. It's really awesome to see stuff in action. Hopefully u guys don't encounter to many problems during the closed beta and we can all lay our hands on this shit ASAP.

The weapons look ace! The maps look gread and seems like the player models are coming along nicely. Can't wait to play this mod.

As for the lazer beam and the conc effects, can't really judge till i see it ingame..
o_mescalito is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2006, 05:13 PM   #126
o_tyrus

Probably already suggested, but the sniper laser...shouldn't it only be visible in a foggy area? Plus, making it so plainly visible will destroy the ability to hide. Not that I want to hid and camp

Skewer me if its already been talked about.....
o_tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2006, 05:19 PM   #127
o_silencer

Great update devs, this mod is really starting to take shape, and i cant wait to play it. Also, stop nitpicking guys they arent gonna tell us everything thats in it because that would take away from the surprise factor. Just remember with the devs you are in good hands, they wouldnt put something in the game thats gonna mess up the overall TF feel. I say good work and keep it up!
o_silencer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2006, 05:20 PM   #128
o_afx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrus
Probably already suggested, but the sniper laser...shouldn't it only be visible in a foggy area? Plus, making it so plainly visible will destroy the ability to hide. Not that I want to hid and camp

Skewer me if its already been talked about.....
In multiple places, many many times :P, theyve already said its not going to be that visible in the game as they plan to tweak it.

I personally think its a good addition, fair enough as cool as it looks it wouldnt be a good idea to have it 100% visible, but when someones actually shooting at you, then why shouldnt you know where they are? A good sniper will still dominate, as they wont miss their first shot, and if theyre well positioned then you still probably wont know where they got you from.
o_afx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2006, 05:34 PM   #129
o_nex nicholai

For those who are concerned about the laser:

1) Dont judge until you play.

2) The sniper has ALWAYS needed a little nerf. Snipers have TOTAL control of at-a-distance combat, no other class has that kind of leg up.

3) Even if the laser is always visible (which it wont) it wouldnt really matter. People talk like they are actually hiding when they snipe. With a few exceptions, snipers always snipe in the same few key locations on a map. As soon as you kill someone, the jig is up, we know you're there, the rest is just trying to evade you.

The exeption to that is sniper Vs sniper... and I really wonder why people play CTF when they have no interest in playing offense or defense. [/opinion]

Anyhoo, look at the bright side, they might actually balance the class so that servers will allow more than 1 per team. So we dont have to listen to this:

1337sniper: Can I be sniper now?
snipe4life: No, im the best there is. STFU
1337sniper: Can I snipe?!?
snipe4life: No
o_nex nicholai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2006, 05:37 PM   #130
o_4est

"Fontaire Fay" - FF

Nice touch.

This mod just keeps getting better and better.

PS.... Somebody recruit SteelValor as a beta tester. He IS a playtester by trade afterall. <3
o_4est is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2006, 06:09 PM   #131
o_suuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by nex nicholai
For those who are concerned about the laser:

1) Dont judge until you play.

2) The sniper has ALWAYS needed a little nerf. Snipers have TOTAL control of at-a-distance combat, no other class has that kind of leg up.

3) Even if the laser is always visible (which it wont) it wouldnt really matter. People talk like they are actually hiding when they snipe. With a few exceptions, snipers always snipe in the same few key locations on a map. As soon as you kill someone, the jig is up, we know you're there, the rest is just trying to evade you.

The exeption to that is sniper Vs sniper... and I really wonder why people play CTF when they have no interest in playing offense or defense. [/opinion]

Anyhoo, look at the bright side, they might actually balance the class so that servers will allow more than 1 per team. So we dont have to listen to this:

1337sniper: Can I be sniper now?
snipe4life: No, im the best there is. STFU
Haha.

I think the sniper changes seem fine; I don't understand why anyone would mind them.
o_suuko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2006, 07:17 PM   #132
o_tyrus

It was just a simple question.

And btw, how can someone not judge before they play when the only media we have to view is screenshots? Thats all we have available to us to judge. Judging what we can from the screenshots is all we can do at the moment and why wouldn't we take up that oppurtunity?

Old 08-20-2006, 07:46 PM   #133
o_stephen

Excellent work chaps.

Anything that harms snipers gets a big thumbs up from me, the fun-ruining bastards.
o_stephen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2006, 08:41 PM   #134
o_bluppfisk

Ah, it's being tweaked! That be grand. I don't share your "don't judge until you play" opinion, I'd rather think it's better to prevent than to fix. And I don't always hide in the same spots, definitely not. I've been a sniper for quite a long time, and I don't fear to go on offence as a sniper. Quite succesfully at that.
o_bluppfisk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2006, 09:03 PM   #135
o_tyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluppfisk
...I'd rather think it's better to prevent than to fix....
Ahh, he said it best. Exactly what I was trying to fumble out of my mouth, but couldn't!

Old 08-20-2006, 09:08 PM   #136
o_vice

Quote:
I don't share your "don't judge until you play" opinion, I'd rather think it's better to prevent than to fix....
How do you know it needs to be prevented? Once you play it, you may like it. It's just a screenshot ffs.
o_vice is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2006, 09:13 PM   #137
o_nex nicholai

Quote:
I don't share your "don't judge until you play" opinion, I'd rather think it's better to prevent than to fix.
Well along with that opinion, I have one that says "I trust that the devs arent stupid and they have 100% more playtesting time than any of us".
o_nex nicholai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2006, 09:32 PM   #138
o_nezumi

Well, math errors aside, I can't agree Nex.

I'm going to point out every little thing I see wrong with every screenshot*. That's what the devs get for making something like this for the public. And just because they're the devs doesn't mean that the game is going to be balanced. I fully expect that some major tweaks will need to be made to the game even after it's public release. That's standard for any multiplayer game even from professional companies.

As it happens, I think the devs are doing a stellar job, and I also fully expect that they'll actually make the necessary changes in a timely fassion (in contrast to, say, DICE and the BF2 patches ).

So y'all complaining about nitpicking can go to hell. This is what the community is for.

*Which, if anyone is keeping score has so far this update ammounted to 1 nitpick about sprites that the dev team didn't make anyway, and concerns over nerfing a class that, according to the devs, needed exactly the opposite.
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2006, 10:37 PM   #139
o_jetpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezumi
Well, math errors aside, I can't agree Nex.

I'm going to point out every little thing I see wrong with every screenshot*. That's what the devs get for making something like this for the public. And just because they're the devs doesn't mean that the game is going to be balanced. I fully expect that some major tweaks will need to be made to the game even after it's public release. That's standard for any multiplayer game even from professional companies.

As it happens, I think the devs are doing a stellar job, and I also fully expect that they'll actually make the necessary changes in a timely fassion (in contrast to, say, DICE and the BF2 patches ).

So y'all complaining about nitpicking can go to hell. This is what the community is for.

*Which, if anyone is keeping score has so far this update ammounted to 1 nitpick about sprites that the dev team didn't make anyway, and concerns over nerfing a class that, according to the devs, needed exactly the opposite.

i couldn't agree more.. i guess its tentamount to writing an essay/paper, reading it through and finding nothing wrong but when given to someone else there are many errors and inconsistancys that you didnt notice because you wrote it and your mind reads what it wants to..

*ahem* if you see my point
o_jetpac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2006, 11:08 PM   #140
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

But, it's like seeing five shots of SOAP without snakes, and then complaining that there's not enough snakes in it
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote