Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

View Poll Results: Do you believe in Ghosts? ...seriously...
I believe in ghosts 4 7.84%
I'm not sure but probably 14 27.45%
I'm not sure but I think probably not 11 21.57%
I do not believe in ghosts 22 43.14%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2006, 01:08 AM   #81
o_zsilver_fox

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Most "ghost" sightings and such have been the result of high levels of electromagnetic radiation. And if you're wondering about castles, they're usually made of granite. The crystalline structure of granite causes it to produce electromagnetic radiation. And when you start talking thousands and thousands of tons, that's a lot.

Regarding energy imprints, that's more of a theoretical physics subject.
o_zsilver_fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2006, 04:44 AM   #82
o_the russian

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
and where did you get this info from exactly?
o_the russian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2006, 05:53 AM   #83
o_binarylife

I'm sorry if some of this has been said already but I just wanted a few things for the sake of argument in both directions.

There is no proof that ghosts exists. Eye witness accounts can be easily dissmissed based on a lot of inherent fact of the nature of ghosts.

There is no proof that ghosts do not exist. Without factual evidence really being possible there can be no way to completely deny the existence of ghosts.

Most ghost hunters are scam artists playing on the fears of their "cusomters" to make money.
Some hnoestly believe there are ghosts in this world and do everythingt hey can to find proof beyond a doubt that they exist. (they still haven't found any)

The properties of the human body withstanding; there is much we don't know, but there is a great deal of energy in the body and energy does not just dissapear. It has to go somewhere, or turn into something.

Einstein, indirectly, speaks of the afterlife. While vague interpritations canc conclude that there are ghosts and heaven/hell (very vague) direct interpritations can conclude that "something" more than "nothing" happens upon death.

In other words, factualy speaking, the existence of ghosts is possible however unlikely. To take a strong stand on either side is generaly close minded and probobly not the best argument to make.

personally I stand in the middle. I have trust worthy friends who have claimed to see things. I believe they saw things. Having not seen them myself I refuse to comment as to what it was, or how it was that the things they saw came to be. I will not, however, rule out, or in, the existence of ghosts and spirits based on second hand claims.

I do go ghost hunting. Even if you don't believe in them, it's still fun. You get to ride around with friends at 1 am and spook each other out. Who cares what else happens.
o_binarylife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2006, 06:05 AM   #84
o_pigeons

I want to hear some more stories.
o_pigeons is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2006, 11:44 AM   #85
o_zsilver_fox

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Russian
and where did you get this info from exactly?
Established researchers of the paranormal, and physicists. Do your homework woman :P.
o_zsilver_fox is offline   Reply With Quote