Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > Communities, Leagues, Clans and Guilds

View Poll Results: IF we do a draft, would you play even if it meant getting stuck playin w/ some newbs?
Yes 31 62.00%
No 12 24.00%
Maybe 7 14.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2009, 07:42 PM   #61
Mikael_hs
Beta Tester

Affiliations: Wazzazzaza
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
would is be possible to mix europe and the us on this? That would deffo require an eastcoast server, but the more clans the merrier. Right?
Mikael_hs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2009, 09:13 PM   #62
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnytheBoss View Post
why not play in the draft?

I think we should have two leagues. and I think everyone should play in both if you represent this community.
Thanks for being constructive Vinny. No, that isn't sarcasm. You at least know what the real idea behind all of this is.
Rutabeggar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2009, 12:06 AM   #63
VinnytheBoss
Boss 4 all da rite reasons

Class/Position: O scout/med D sol/demo
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: Founder of the Goodfellas.
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
I just see where both sides are coming from. Honestly I support the draft but I dont support it being the only league. People in IRC talk as if we do the draft that is final and there is no other option. I just don't see why we shouldn't do what is necessary to please both sides.

And I feel the 'top' players should support this even more then most because the newcomers training will be maximized. Should the 'top' players choose to take it serious enough and to realize its only to break down the borders between the community.

Oh would it be fun to have 90+ players in this community.
VinnytheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2009, 03:43 PM   #64
biohaZ

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
vinny im happy your seeing the big picture now !! I think it all depends on the player base....we need to have like a player list and go from there if we should do a draft or regular clan style.
biohaZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2009, 06:48 PM   #65
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohaZ View Post
we need to have like a player list and go from there if we should do a draft or regular clan style.
Isn't that what the Poll was for?

Old 09-29-2009, 07:10 PM   #66
elwood
el duke.

Class/Position: spy evryfring & med.
i voted "No" because my current laptop's performance issues; i wasn't trying to be a selfish dick by just staying quiet and voting against this. until i get that fixed i don't see myself playing anything structured in league play. not being able to play at my best due to computer performance reasons makes playing competively not fun one bit.

here is my thoughts on a so called "draft style league". it all sounds warm and fuzzy and means well trust me. i remember a certain invidual tried this in the late stages of TFC and it failed miserably. people signed up and the work was done to organize the teams, but people lost interest extremely fast and i think a round or two was completed. like i said the intentions of a draft style league would be great. especially if it involves new players getting into organized play with fortress-forever. i just don't think it would last very long if attempted

for example, look at how UGC has gone back and forth with just a regular league system due to the lack of interest with players. however, perhaps a change of a system is needed to gain the interest of others... who knows, this world is crazy i tell 'ya!

Last edited by elwood; 09-29-2009 at 07:16 PM.
elwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2009, 08:56 PM   #67
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
yeah I'm considering doing the whole thing via irc...that way it's less of an overhaul and I just need a bot to run it. Then if it becomes successful I would probably make a league for it or adapt UGC to it, but only if it works.

Also this would make it better for people who don't have forum accounts and cba to make one.

p.s. - if anyone knows how to code scripts for irc pm me!
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:
Dr.Satan is offline   Reply With Quote