Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 05:24 PM   #41
Marshmallow Noob
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
Sorry, but I'm a buddy of Muchez, and I've been crashing with him before. Learn to expect it when your server is infamous for its rules in a community as small as this, especially when you have elitists assholes such as myself and others. Muchez IS one of the best players I've ever been with, and one of the worlds most elite pipejumpers (right up there with Mule). In the current state of TFC, you should expect this kind of stuff to happen. The only people left are the hardcore players, and they don't like strict rules like what you have. In short, you should have seen this one coming.

Do I agree with it? Yes and no. I find it rather hilarious and congratulate Muchez, but I do feel sorry for the interruption of gameplay.

Also, ESAD is, afaik, more of a loose clan with a CTF focus. They're a big name because of the maps that Trojan has made. You have NO IDEA what ESAD is about, or the US elite skills community, Scuzzy.

GJ Manchez.
Wow.

Let the flaming begin.

Old 07-08-2007, 05:24 PM   #42
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihmhi
Man you sure got a wicked GUI for tracking Steam IDs and shit... you also said that you tied the Steam IDs to your forums?
Yep, in order to register in our forums a person has to have played on our servers (under an unbanned account) in the last 3 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihmhi
Any way that can be done with phpbb? And where can I get your sweet Steam ID manager? O:
Unfortunately no, the code is closely tied to Vbulletin and a bunch of our clan-coded customizations. It's build around a dedicated box environment as well, not the normal game-server renting type thing. We've considered recoding it and packaging it for sale with vbulletin, but doubt anyone would be interested.

Old 07-08-2007, 05:36 PM   #43
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
You have NO IDEA what ESAD is about, or the US elite skills community, Scuzzy.
Their members and leader Trojanman, as well as you apparently, condone the crashing of servers because you don't like their rules. I do not need to know anymore then that.

Unknownfigure, I wouldn't recommend getting associated with these guys. To answer your question, we'll try, without 100% success I'm sure, to keep them out of the [o-t] environment. We've had enough of their members threaten us, and from SilverFox's description we should expect more from them. If you do have the tag on, someone will probably add you to the list, sorry. We aren't trying to be dicks, just protect our environment.

We just want to play and be left alone, don't know why that's such a problem for some people.

Scuzzy

Last edited by Scuzzy; 07-08-2007 at 05:48 PM.

Old 07-08-2007, 05:48 PM   #44
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

double post, sorry.

Old 07-08-2007, 05:50 PM   #45
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Class/Position: D Medic
Gametype: Conca Jumping
Affiliations: ^iv
I'm not a member, but you're making a rather baseless assumption about them.

If you want to get into ESAD, go ahead. Trojan doesn't condone the crashing of servers, nor is he hugely against it as long as he's not affected by it. Your server is infamous for its rules, and like I said, for that reason alone, you should expect such stuff. You have no idea who Muchez even really is, or what kind of a clan ESAD is. I may as well say that you're a bunch of nub Nazi's because of your rules, and it would be the same as what you're saying about ESAD. Is it true? No.

Sorry if I'm flaming, but Scuzzy, get your head out of your ass.

Old 07-08-2007, 05:57 PM   #46
Ginger Lord
Retired FF Staff

Affiliations: Custard
Send a message via MSN to Ginger Lord
This is fucking retarded.

Yes Scuzzy's rules are quite restrictive but its his server with his money so he can do what he likes.

You could be the Queen for all I care, it doesnt give you the right to crash peoples servers because you don't like the way they are run.

That is their choice, not yours. If you don't like it, find another server and stop acting like a cunt.

Old 07-08-2007, 06:00 PM   #47
Garland-W
Understand ye yet or what?

LOL, I bet what really pisses them ESAD guys off is that they realize their bhop is unaffected when they join the o-t server.

Old 07-08-2007, 06:10 PM   #48
nex nicholai
Predates/not in "Clan NeX"

Well silverfox has proudly displayed his level of maturity and intelligence for us.

Muchez's "skill" and his actions are trivial and inconsequential. TF is just a game and a person's skill level is meaningless outside of it. However, being a low quality person (aka being a douchebag) will affect every aspect of your life. I hope you both gain some decent character or you will fail in life.

Just because you disagree with a server's rules does not give you any rights or justifications to fuck with someone else's property. Dont try to say the majority of the veteran TFC community agrees with you. I like to believe that the majority of us are quality players who give a shit about other people.

Old 07-08-2007, 06:22 PM   #49
Beetle
Beta than eva'

Quote:
I'm not a member, but you're making a rather baseless assumption about them.

If you want to get into ESAD, go ahead. Trojan doesn't condone the crashing of servers, nor is he hugely against it as long as he's not affected by it. Your server is infamous for its rules, and like I said, for that reason alone, you should expect such stuff. You have no idea who Muchez even really is, or what kind of a clan ESAD is. I may as well say that you're a bunch of nub Nazi's because of your rules, and it would be the same as what you're saying about ESAD. Is it true? No.

Sorry if I'm flaming, but Scuzzy, get your head out of your ass.
Nex, I'm just going to sum up what you said in a more immature but more direct way. Silverfox, you are a dick, along with the rest of the people that do that kinda stuff.

Old 07-08-2007, 06:45 PM   #50
Tennovan
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by nex nicholai
Just because you disagree with a server's rules does not give you any rights or justifications to fuck with someone else's property. Dont try to say the majority of the veteran TFC community agrees with you. I like to believe that the majority of us are quality players who give a shit about other people.
Amen. Crashing someone's server because you don't like the rules is like cutting in line at the drive-thru because you don't like waiting... rofl

Fuckin kids.

Old 07-08-2007, 06:52 PM   #51
Ancient

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
One of my servers crashes occasionally for no 'Logged' reason, it does have a few bots but they generally are not present. Removing the bots seems to cure the problem, but its a hard one to pin down for me....

Various versions of foxbot crash, then its steady as a rock for days. So basically I think its a hlds+addons problem tbh.

Ancient

Old 07-08-2007, 06:54 PM   #52
Ancient

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
PS It's totally random which is very annoying :/

Old 07-08-2007, 06:59 PM   #53
Marshmallow Noob
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Lord
This is fucking retarded.

Yes Scuzzy's rules are quite restrictive but its his server with his money so he can do what he likes.

You could be the Queen for all I care, it doesnt give you the right to crash peoples servers because you don't like the way they are run.

That is their choice, not yours. If you don't like it, find another server and stop acting like a cunt.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:10 PM   #54
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy
Unfortunately no, the code is closely tied to Vbulletin and a bunch of our clan-coded customizations. It's build around a dedicated box environment as well, not the normal game-server renting type thing. We've considered recoding it and packaging it for sale with vbulletin, but doubt anyone would be interested.
If you could code up some stuff like that for PHPBB (even something as simple as tying a SteamID to a phpbb forum account), it would really be appreciated by the community.

I know that a lot of your stuff must be integrated in many ways, but releasing something like tying a Steam ID to a server list and forum account would be really useful on the end of forum owners. Could prevent a lot of trolling and such, and make it easy to link people with their bans and stuff.

Even if you did not release it for free, think about that Scuzzy... tossing something together publicly that does what your software does would revolutionize server management. You could just run it as a closed source project that accepts donations going towards [o-t]'s servers. Might bring in a small amount of cashflow.

If you did anything like that for phpbb, I would buy it. If not, well, there are plenty of forums that use vBulletin (including these O: ) and I am sure many server owners would find it quite useful indeed.

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:10 PM   #55
mariozilla

Class/Position: All
Gametype: adl
lol at this guys hard work just to run a tfc server.....

Old 07-08-2007, 07:36 PM   #56
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Yeah, how dare he foster a thriving community amongst the slums TFC has become.

Actually I'm more interested in how pricks like SilverFox can justify taking time out to crash some guy's server just because they don't see eye-to-eye rather than doing something constructive, like starting a game somewhere else that doesn't have those rules.

I guess because he's a twat.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:48 PM   #57
there's nothing here
lol

Location: Halfway sprawled out of a cardboard box at the bottom of a flight of stairs.
Just put up one of em automatic server restart scripts, then you'll be good.

If this is what I think it is, then there really isn't anything you can do to prevent it.

The world is not without tragedy.

GG, and good day.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:49 PM   #58
there's nothing here
lol

Location: Halfway sprawled out of a cardboard box at the bottom of a flight of stairs.
Btw, Fox is a nice guy.

Don't call him a prick.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:31 PM   #59
TurboWolf

Send a message via MSN to TurboWolf
Anyway, what kind of argument is crashing a server cause you don't like it?
Why should someone who owns a server and puts rules on it (shit rules, I agree) be considered a Nazi? Is it even releated in any form? Grow a brain!

Old 07-08-2007, 08:38 PM   #60
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Class/Position: D Medic
Gametype: Conca Jumping
Affiliations: ^iv
I never crashed his server, nor do I crash servers at all. I am however agreeing with Muchez and congratulating him on what he did. Welcome to TFC. If you remember WON, it used to be worse. You could crash servers running admin mod just by using a glow script, before the developers of that got smart enough to register it as a chat entry (admin_glow in console was the equivalent of admin_vote_map).

Do I think what Muchez did was right? No. Do I congratulate him on it regardless? Yes. Is everyone taking this too seriously? Definately.

Closed Thread