Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 05-15-2006, 07:51 AM   #21
o_robg

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
MadGrenadier, actually there is a completely plausible explanation for all this:

The microchip
Little does anyone know that each team emits its own unique short-wave frequency from a microchip transmitter located in the player's boots. SG's pick up friendly frequencies and do not fire.

SG technology
SG's have motion detectors and also have colour detectors. If a large object is in motion that is not in team colour, the SG will track, follow and fire. Spies in disguise are exempt from enemy SG fire as they are in enemy colour.*

(*The fact they are not emitting the correct radio frequency is overuled, as wearing enemy colour makes the spy 'invisible' and hence untrackable to the enemy SG)

The big secret
Spies in enemy disguise are able to bypass friendly SG fire as the radio frequency they emit cancels the tracking process.

This is all 100% true. (You see, if you think about it enough you can make most things make sense...well kind of - I do it with films I like that make mistakes... I try and think of an explanaition so the film isn't ruined!)
If this were true then we should all wear our team colours and use the other side's rf chip. Then no SG would shoot us
o_robg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2006, 08:34 AM   #22
o_fresh

That wouldnt be the best idea ever, esp on rock2 with the water and shit.
o_fresh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2006, 01:08 PM   #23
o_don

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG
If this were true then we should all wear our team colours and use the other side's rf chip. Then no SG would shoot us
Ah but each microchip is unique to the team, and is patented. The other team aren't allowed to use the enemy technology under penalty of a 5 year sentence to k_thegame.
o_don is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2006, 11:51 PM   #24
o_themadgrenadier

great
can we intergrate EZPASS into the chip too so i dont have to pay a toll in 2FORT?

tho its off topic i kinda wish they would release more screenshots of CZ2..
was the first level i ever saw in TFC\HL.., best friend was playing it on my pc.. and ever since its been my fav map..
o_themadgrenadier is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2006, 11:53 PM   #25
o_bumgravy

i agree CZ2 was the first map i ever played and from what ive seen it looks good, but of course being a spoilt nineties brat i want MORE.
o_bumgravy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-2006, 09:33 AM   #26
o_robg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
Ah but each microchip is unique to the team, and is patented. The other team aren't allowed to use the enemy technology under penalty of a 5 year sentence to k_thegame.
Aaaah So the spy can't use it either?

Old 05-17-2006, 09:44 AM   #27
o_don

ummm. Oops.
The spies dont emit a special frequency, its the fact that they are in a different colour that the enemy SG cancels the tracking process.
The chip only serves to warn friendly SG's of friendly presence.

(I know this contradicts the big secret, but I was misinformed by one of the spies due to interference from the enemy team - I now know the actual facts)
o_don is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2006, 01:44 PM   #28
o_robg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
ummm. Oops.
The spies dont emit a special frequency, its the fact that they are in a different colour that the enemy SG cancels the tracking process.
The chip only serves to warn friendly SG's of friendly presence.

(I know this contradicts the big secret, but I was misinformed by one of the spies due to interference from the enemy team - I now know the actual facts)
In this case we should all wear the other team's clothes, and use our own RF chip! Then we'd be immune.

Old 05-20-2006, 10:10 AM   #29
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
oh i cant wait for RFID chips to hit retail stores. such a great way of counting stock and shit. they should be destroyed upon purchase, though. i'll have to invent myself an RFID nuker or sommin