Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 10-10-2007, 01:59 AM   #1
Stankyfingers
Kalikop

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Stankyfingers
Kalihunted needs you

We have started up a 2nd server running a community made map "rehunted" and we need a few people to help us test it out so we can make balance changes(team sizes,bag limits.etc) and get hunted players opinions on it.If everybody likes it will run it and hopefully a ported original hunted map from tfc(if we can get that done). there will be a few of us on starting tomorrow afternoon figuring out what to do with it for our server.Please feel free to join the server anytime and get the map(pretty fast dl) and walk around and check it out.Its a nice looking map with alot of potential.
We are hoping to get our hunted community rolling again in FF!! the new server ip is: 67.19.59.62:27061
Hope to see you all soon.
Stankyfingers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2007, 02:58 AM   #2
be_

Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Will be there. Cheers.
be_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2007, 02:59 AM   #3
Etzell
D&A Member

Kali hunted was great UNTIL they started imposing class restrictions and altering the map. Back in the OLD days of TFC.
Etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2007, 03:02 AM   #4
be_

Metallica was great UNTIL they started playing radio-rock. Back in the OLD days of the 90s.

What does this have to do with FF now?

Last edited by be_; 10-10-2007 at 03:10 AM.

Old 10-10-2007, 03:22 AM   #5
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

stanky, i'm in right now, checking out the environment.
Dr.Uudge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2007, 04:57 AM   #6
be_

Ok, checked it out. It looked nice and played well. It seemed a bit smaller though, and just in my first experience seemed to favor the prez/bodyguards over the snipers. I think the setup was prez, 2 bodyguards, and 2 assasins. As a bodyguard, I could get to the garage pretty quickly and easily. I think this is because of the smaller areas. The Prez, who was asking what to do on the map (in other words, new to Hunted), made it through several times, and a few times on his own.

All in all, nice looking map; seemed harder on the snipers, though. My suggestion is let them keep the grenades, but this is only after the first play, so it may not be a good one. My better suggestion is port the real Hunted :P

Old 10-10-2007, 10:48 AM   #7
Stankyfingers
Kalikop

Thanks for taking the time to help us out I hope you all will come back tonight.
Etzell Im sorry you didnt like the map changes back in the old days,we always tryed our best to make the majority happy back then.We also had alot more people voting on things then.We have slimed down the "executive board" if you will so I think things will be alot easier to change to the communitys liking.Hope you come in and help us decide how to set up this map.The guy who made this map ported it in from cs so its never been used in FF or tfc(from what I heard) so it will take a bit to balance out.It really has alot of potential if given a chance.

We are still very interested in porting over the original hunted map and are still looking for help in that matter if anyone knows how to do it properly.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:38 PM   #8
Barret80

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
It was a pretty cool looking map. I hadda go though real quick last nite for something though. It's nice to be able to play the hunted map again without it crashing when i join. lol

Old 10-10-2007, 11:22 PM   #9
Stankyfingers
Kalikop

sorry guys I got cuaght up with working on getting a map ported over to FF(can u guess what map lol).Ill be on the test server soon i just need to make myself some dinner.see ya soon.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:50 PM   #10
Stankyfingers
Kalikop

Wondering what your opinions are about taking out the medic for this map.Or remove the concs.As it is right now you can conc the prez from spawn ramp straight to escape door.Just wondering...

Last edited by Stankyfingers; 10-10-2007 at 11:56 PM.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:20 AM   #11
פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
Annoying people since 1986

Class/Position: O fatty, pyro - D engy, pyro
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: This space for rent.
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via MSN to פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
When I have some spare time, I'm so there!
פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ is offline   Reply With Quote