Kawaii! ルーキー
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Random
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: BiG, Kawaii!, MustacheBrigade, GoodFellas
Posts Rated Helpful 82 Times
Making teams switch at halfway wouldn't be too hard. So both teams have a chance to play offense and defense in an OvD manner. Which is probably a good idea because sometimes it does just feel you are running to your death with no point. Perhaps adding an objective notice when you spawn would be helpful for new players. The objective icons can tricky when you add them, you want to give players information on how to play but not too much information. Like where the flag is at ALL times is probably too much information. But where it spawns at would be useful to a new player.

As far as decompiling an entire map just to get rid of the blue base to make OVD easier to understand for new players seems like a hassle and a waste of time. I could do something similar with lua without the need of ripping apart current maps only for OVD mode. Currently I just prevented players from touching the flag. But I could prevent them from entering the wrong base entirely, given that locations are set up correctly. With Default maps they probably are. If Moto is interested in adding something like this to his server, well, all these other scripts were basicly made for his server so all he needs to do is ask. lol
R00Kie is offline   Reply With Quote