Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm999 View Post
What are the requirements for Average Class Choice Frequency's?

For example, I have played Scout on Offence for 99.81% (up 7.02% of the record), and Engineer on Defence for 90.54% (up 10.08% of the record), yet I don't have these records presumably due to me not playing enough games. :P

I'm also tied with Juice for average kills as Scout, so I'd assume that has a requirement too.
There's no set-in-stone requirement. It uses a Bayesian average to determine the highest record and then displays the real average. For the Bayesian average, I basically just add an arbitrary amount to the total (I'm using a C of 7 for the most part) before calculating the average, which means that the lower the total, the lower the Bayesian average will be. Let's say you play scout for 9 out of 10 pickups (real average: .90; with a C of 7, that gives a Bayesian average of 9/17 or .529), and another person plays scout 40/50 pickups (real average: .80; with a C of 7, that gives a Bayesian average of 40/57 or .702). The 40/50 pickups is then set as the record because we are much more confident that it's a real statistic rather than a fluke that would change if more pickups were played.

Now, given that, for some of these records it might make sense to not use a Bayesian average or to lower the C. Class choice could be one of those, but if it gets lowered too much it could open up the possibility of one person playing like 5 pickups, only playing scout on O, and then disappearing, making the record 100% and therefore impossible to beat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9u-9u-9u
could we add record slots for most kills on offense for each class?
Could do. I'm assuming you'd like to see stats for O demo/soli/engi?

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington

Last edited by squeek.; 06-26-2013 at 09:46 PM.
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote