Old 01-03-2011, 01:15 AM   #83
GambiT
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Spy
Affiliations: -=DoM=-
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
How about no? What hurts people is entirely subjective. It's up to the person that feels hurt to deal with it, not everyone to turn into nannies like Gwarsbane trying to prevent every possible offense. If you still want to enforce subjectivity, let's begin with me. I hereby deem the word "Gwarsbane" offensive to me. So, in the spirit of being fair, let's force him to change his name. Then, I'll stop using the word "nigger". Oh, what, doesn't make much sense now? Thought so.
were you enslaved for hundreds of years and called "gwarbane" as a derogatory term??

the word n**** is insensitive and should not be used in an open forum.

i am asking you, politely, to please stop throwing that word around like is has no meaning and hasnt been used to berate a specific race.

EDIT: and no, i do not recall you specifically calling someone a n** in a racist context.

i'm not arguing that it makes you racist to say it, i'm arguing that this is an open forum and that word should not be used.

i say it myself, but i am respectful of the ppl who may read or hear it when i use it, as you should be
--------------------------FF_Civibash_G(Released)------------------------
-------------------FF_Conc_G1(WIP)--------------------
-------------------FF_Hollow_G(WIP)---------------------

Last edited by GambiT; 01-03-2011 at 01:18 AM. Reason: forgot to say something
GambiT is offline   Reply With Quote