View Single Post
Old 02-16-2005, 04:09 PM   #82
o_vs. tear

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Re: Note to the pro's and old school clanners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebo
One thing I really hope you will take on board is the utmost importance to cultivate , encourage, and accept newbies and other potential players to these forums. Your combined knowledge of the game can be a bit daunting for a new player, some may come up with ideas that in reality wont work, or have an understanding of TFC that isnt 100% correct. However these are things we can be encouraged by because they show there is still interest in this style of gameplay which we all love.

New players are the life blood of the game lets make this forum as welcoming to them as possible and in return they will reward you by learning skills becoming community/clan members and ensuring the game thrives as it deserves to.
That is probably the most insightful post about keeping a game alive that I have ever read. You preach a powerful sermon, rebo. Everyone should read and understand your words very carefully if they want their game to succeed. Many games have come and gone because of elitist attitudes that breed llamas, lamers, and wankers.

I played Quake first and learned about TF from there. Soon afterwards came Quake MegaTF (airmirv!). Half-Life was released and begat Team Fortress Classic which occupied several thousand hours of my life over a 2 year span. After TF2 turned to vaporware several years in a row, I downloaded a free copy of America's Army and never looked back.

It warmed my heart to see this site. Keep up the great work.

Truly,

vs. Tear
http://clanversus.com
o_vs. tear is offline   Reply With Quote