KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Oh gawd. I hate when it takes 3 hours to install a fucking motherboard.

15 minutes looking for a backup drive to transfer all my crap to. half an hour transferring the files. 15 minutes looking for my Arctic Silver thermal paste(was in my truck... go figure)

Then 2 hours of trying to figure out just how I was going to fit my giant fucking aftermarket cooler on the thing. Apparently, these new motherboards don't have brackets like my old mobo does, so I was forced to use the stock new CPU fan/heatsink, at least so I thought. I then remembered there were some brackets that came with my Zalman heatsink, so 5 minutes of searching for that, I found the brackets, but only 3/4 of the screws for it... I then managed to find out after screwing it on that there is not enough room between the plastic part that sticks out where the metal thingymajig goes because of the on board heatsink crap everywhere, so I unscrewed it all, preattached the metal part to the plastic part, then realized on the back of my motherboard, there were 3 tiny little pins sticking out, protruding in front of my plastic bracket, disallowing me to screw in all the screws, so I contemplated filing the bracket down a bit so those pins would not get in the way, but I then realized I had it upside down, so I swapped it, and finally was able to get my heatsink on, with just the right amount of thermal grease, and I didn't even have time to plug everything else in...

So today, after work, I am determined to get this shit working.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote