View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 05:51 PM   #51
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
Not super recently, it's not bad though. I've always found UT movement pretty stale and boring, most people say it makes DM much more interesting, but it makes just running around maps pretty boring. But there's a decent amount of air control and this sliding mechanic is pretty cool. I just think the slides need to be beefed up a bit, go a little further and maintain a little more speed. And it's always possible they could do that, they do seem very open to trying new/interesting things and tweaking. It's kind of a refreshing developement process to watch.

But yeah I'd give it an all around "not bad" based on boring movement.

Oh game modes are utter bullocks though. There is currently no good objective game mode.

They have CTF, but it's marred by one of two things. Either you play vanilla, and it has the translocator. This little personal teleporter thing. So everyone is more worried about traslocating to or away with the flag, rather than DMing. Or they play instagib, which obviously isn't a real game mode, you just click someone once with hitscan, no real dm there.

1 members found this post helpful.