View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 06:08 PM   #36
AfterShock
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 45 Times
RE: Conc friction + juggling etc, i was playing with friction / elasticity etc to try and solve the problem, so it's under construction but not in beta yet (hence me not posting it). I could do with more explanation of the exact problem from the skills dudes so if u could PM me with any info (videos would be ideal if you have the time to spare!) that would certainly help a lot. I had FF and TFC both loaded up yesterday and I couldnt pin down the difference.

RE: Pyro nerf - he was being played too much like the soldier. His primary weapon should be the flamethrower (he should be getting up close to people not spamming them with rockets from afar). The IC should be used for jumping, burn levelling up, and setting multiple people alight (if you're faced with 3-4 players at once, for example). We're discussing methods of getting burn levels up without napalms (for e.g. 5-10 hits with the flamethrower/IC) and if his dmg is too nerfed then i'll increase dmg of the flamethrower. The nerf only affects the IC dmg, not the burn damage - the burn damage is actually a very large part of the pyro's damage, and is unaffected by the change.

RE: Engi not getting a buff: We're looking into ways of increasing the SG push against players on the ground. Currently it's only concers/hoppers that get shot away. If we solve it then straight forward running at SGs as sol/demo/pyro will be much harder. Also, don't forget your wrench now does a shitload more damage