View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 01:49 PM   #461
Linage

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaymer
As we can see in this post there are 2 kinds of fortress players in this world. The kind looking for a totally cool and funny game with totally awesome gfx and animations!!!!!! And then there are those who are looking for a super in-depth, skill based, fast-paced, Capture the Flag from the enemy fortress type game. They will always be different and they will always play different games. The fact of the matter is the latter player is in the minority and it will always be that way. It is like comparing the amount of people that are going to the movies to see your generic shoot-em-up action flick, as opposed to the amount that are going to see the complicated, in-depth social commentary movie. We live in a culture of instant gratification, ladies and gentlemen and if new players can't figure out how exactly to play the game the first 5 minutes, they are going to put it down and never come back. Call it laziness, ignorance, or whatever you want. It might be sad as all hell but unfortunately this is the plight of us. This is the world we live in friends.
Then there are people like this guy bash people just becuase they have diffrent likes (doesnt matter about the graphics, i prefer its gameplay more to). And for the "cant exactly how to play the game the first 5 minutes, I actually played FF till I got TF2, I know how to play it but I just like TF2 more, anything wrong with that? Besides the heavy in FF looks like a hockey player and the shotgun doesnt even have an animation when you reload or shoot (one of those) sometimes I dont even know when im reloading.

Heres just a interesting list I got on the steam website. I went down to FF since theres no point listing the rest of mods and w/e cause they dont even matter in this.

View detailed statistics by game

Game Current
Players Current
Servers Player Minutes
/ Month

Counter-Strike: Source 73,035 48,353 2.505 billion
Counter-Strike Condition Zero 33,325 23,314 1.063 billion
Day of Defeat 7,768 1,902 260.538 million
Day of Defeat: Source 5,425 2,630 191.966 million
Team Fortress 2 4,605 1,875 290.004 million
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch 2,291 1,652 82.325 million
Half-Life DeathMatch 2,276 1,172 80.854 million
Garry's Mod 1,427 916 59.602 million
Earth's Special Forces 759 619 59.387 million
TeamFortress Classic 464 413 21.730 million
Natural Selection 373 221 15.488 million
Fortress Forever 364 311 18.925 million

TF2 hasnt even been released yet, its only availible to the people that preordered it and you can see its allready right up there with Day of Defeat and Halflife2. This is also not a post to bash FF becuase I did like it when I played it, I loved the cloak ability that spys had, I was using it 90% of the time I played it but, like that guy said you cant really compare the two. Ones a game made by valve, that made TFC and ones a mod. More people will play TF2 becuase its gonna be easier to keep up to date how? When you start the game it updates auto-matically, for FF you have to keep searching the internet for a download link for a update of the game, and Ive found that when mods did that with many games like Battlefield 2, Halflife2 Mods etc people allways lose players from having to find an update then wait and wait in ques for a decent download speed site or download the mod at like a /kb a second, then find out it wasnt even the right update.

Last edited by Linage; 09-23-2007 at 02:07 PM.