View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #4
truplaya

Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
ok so it looks like were going at it alone

i agree with the autoupdater idea, but i am the 99% who loves the game but cant program worth a shit therefore i am useless just bitching about something i cannot assist in solving. i can however give ideas...

there has been a lot of discussion about the autoupdater idea and if i understood squeek correctly in the couple convos we had about it months ago, he said something along the lines of it would be too complicated or take too much time / resources that we dont have at this point in time.

aside from the updater issue, kube has already basically taken care of all the immediate update issues in his server.... (pyro nerf, no soldier 2ndary nades), so the gameplay is improved while at the same time still true to default 2.4 values without going all TALOS'd out.

kube should just make his server the main pub, and keep it up to date with the latest values and gameplay fixes on the agenda for optimized ff pub play. We could also have kube set those same values on a pickup server.

For all i care we just really need 1 strong running pub server, and 1 consistent pickup server...

We should start beta testing in kubes server again frequently on the weekends and keep improving the game more often.... Then have organized votes to change values / gameplay in the forums after beta testing....

Any other quick fix ideas?
truplaya is offline   Reply With Quote