View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 02:17 PM   #56
o_rag

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Howdy,

Started TFC late 1999 i think! was introduced via a brother when visiting, and thought OMG this is how I have imagined gaming since I was 11 (IM 35 in March).
Recruited the first time I went online via my dial up by Chief into [MDB] and went on to lead the clan with him, for probably the next 4 years... him playing good cop me bad cop. Had a few others help DCL over the time such as GreyWolf, Shadz and prob others.

What I liked:
* The community - although testing at time, was amazing, this was something new and everyone just wanted to get better and better. Clans and clan members helped each other, yes argued... but thats life, but mainly supported to make the game level rise higher and higher. Never forget rebo showing me how to HW (sorry never managed it , and operations how to conc jump! No one ever managed to teach me BHop
* Leadership - was important for me, [MDB] was a dedicated clan, we practiced probably most nights for a couple of official praccy hours, + most for another 4, bringing in other clans and people to learn more. Recruiting, Networking, Training, Motivating, and even doing the bollicking and firing were all part of it, and amazingly similar to what happens in RL. Ask any1 from the clan, and all would have a story of me having "a quiet word"
Watching members get better and better and better
* The game - WOW - i mean WOW , this was actually a game where people through practice got better and better, where when you thought you were good, or the clan was good, you went out, and some1/clan.... brought you right back to earth and inspired you!
How to explain this?!?! - I think the best way to explain is that In my experience I ahve never seen and online game, where by just the movements of a player, the style of someone... you could actually tell who that person was!!! I mean WTF everyone looks the same (classes al told) yet you could tell a player!
* Clan Matches - I mean FFS, hoe many games, make you want to pay £60/month to play, drive home from work for 3 hours at 999mile an hour so your not late, fall out with your wife/gf, kick the cat and have a heart attack just to play.... and then .... and this is the real belter, sit and watch your demo and every1 elses time after time!!
* Skill & Team work - just watch the avis& demos - people like AFX always going further in level.

This is another funny one, I have never had a good shotty aim, never really been able to Bhop, never really been skilled as such, but always reckon I have earnt my place... through team work - pretty myuch how I play most game in RL !!! how many online games could that apply 2?

Disliked:
* As probably can be seen from above - took way to myuch of my time up, GF is only just forgiving me, work suffered, back suffered, and belly grew
* Cheaters - Why!?
* Tag name changes.... people like me got confused, didn't know who my brothers were half the time - I personally believe everyone should just stick to 1 name only - but hey thats me
* Clan hoppers - created bad atmospheres, lack of loyalty, and mucho work for the leaders!! :P loyal clan members that drank their milk at night are what were/will be needed

Memories:

Loads and nearly all good.
The people/friends From [MDB] CHief and co + [TsK] (played with later)
The lans and meeting in RL (you weirdos )
The chocolate Supradyne brought over from Belgium (ayup m
Loads online especially the rivals XXX LOG etc.... lots

Recommendations:

Sounds like this will be a great new game, good luck to all doing it.
*Leaders - create a forum, leaders community - help prevent cheaters, reduce time wasters, help each other
*Time limits on clan hopping strictly enforced

* DOnt spend your lives on the game :

Would love to come back to play this.... but I fear I wont have time.... Need a Part Time League setting up for like of me
o_rag is offline   Reply With Quote