View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 07:53 PM   #36
Nugzilla
Fortress Forever Staff

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
Also just to be clear, are you a concept artist or will you draw the skins for the models too?

One thing I felt when FF first started is that the concept art was great but the models never even got close to them. Be great this time for us to get concept art and then see it come alive.
To clear things up a bit, I'm not just a concept artist. I'm experienced in concepting, modeling (these will be modeled in Zbrush), texturing (what I call skins), rigging (the skeleton), skinning (how the skeleton affect the model), and animation. I can complete a character from concept to finished product, or at the very least help other artists through the pipeline so we have a polished, consistent product. I'll start with the concepts, then I'd like to complete one character so they we have a benchmark for the other character models.

There were a few issues with the current FF models. The models weren't consistent with their concept art. The rigging and skinning weren't polished causing random polygons and verts to look weird when it was animating. The team didn't have access to the source models, so those problems couldn't be fixed. And, they're a few years old now.
Nugzilla is offline   Reply With Quote