View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 05:21 PM   #103
o_ritch

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Well this should be fun.

*Posting how you got into TFC, why you stayed playing for so long, and what you look forward to in Fortress-Forever.

ANS: I clicked on multiplayer after I beat HL1. I played for so long because I was addicted to it, seemed better than school. I look forward to owning everyone in Fortress-Forever like old times.

*Posting about a clan you joined or created, its history, and what it ment to you.

ANS: My first clan was [BLEK] - Bloody Large Enraged Killers and it was my own. They played their first clan match against [Dtm] while I was on holiday with my best mate / [BLEK] co-leader and got owned something like 350-10. They then split up when I got back from holiday and I joined a whole series of clans like this... *b2b* [TDS]... Team Don't Shoot was my first clan that I enjoyed being apart of and we played in the UKTFCL, we were rivals with [F2C] in divison 2, until they went to CS exclusivley. While there one day I merced for [SnD] who were in division 1 simply because I was browsing servers and noticed they were a man down. When I joined the server they (SnD) didn't object and that got me hooked on higher divison play. I shortly left [TDS] for -EF- who were in Wireplay at the time, in the ladder. The clan leader recruited me as defence but I was rubbish so changed to offy after being ridiculed for a terrible TSP performance on 2fort We started to do well and got to the premiership but after a while Merc (the engineer) left to join =BC= and punkbuster wrongly accused me of cheating so -EF- split up.

Next I went to the UKTFCL side of league play. I joined [Dtm] but that was quite unstable and we split up after we beat [DW]. Although that was one of the best times because I think I joined them in divison one and when we gradually were able to compete with the best we all felt we achieved a lot. Dunno why we split but we did. Then I joined another whole series of clans such as (CW), [DSE], and |4D|. |4D| had a brilliant soldier who used to play for the French team called Nightmare and I was the deputy but although we were ownage I have to admit now at least two people were cheating in that clan so that was probably why. Then after some time and some more clans I joined -Sf- with a player called DanS who I first met in [Dtm] and saltz who I knew from the start from UK~A. This was another underdog clan but we gradually got to the top of the premiership in the UKTFCL and again just as we were starting to own like mad =BC= stole DanS and saltz. I then joined =BC= after some "negotiation" and ended my TFC days there. I think at one point we were undefeated for over a year and I only remember loosing one match in =BC= and that was against <|187|> when it was 6 vs 8 and that was close ;p

*Introducing a CS type person to these forums and show them there is a new world outside AWP's and kevlar Wink

ANS: cs is a totally different game. Its definitely not as challenging but I love it as well. In TFC you need more concentration and there is more emphasis on skills and performing those skills at the same time i.e. bunny hopping and conc jumping, conc aim and pro-longed death-match whilst trying to remember the objective. If you think you can cut it, then its far more rewarding in terms of community because you have to put more effort in so I guess the saying goes you get out what you put in.

*Describing a certain skill or concept in TFC and why it makes the game style fresh and exciting.

ANS: combining all of the skills mentioned above makes the game more fluid and much faster than other games. Theres no time to get bored and theres no let up on action until the map changes. But its also very newbie friendly, I sniped for the first two years I played, indeed I was [BLEK]'s sniper ;p
o_ritch is offline   Reply With Quote