View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 12:45 PM   #11
Player
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Pre-throw jumps undergo the same progression as juggle jumps. You take a look at the jump to see what needs to be done; when that is done, you start concing, getting a feeling for the timings. At first you will fail early on in the jump, then you start get the start down and you reach the middle section; you will fail during the middle of the jump, until you get the timings; same applies for the end of the jump. Sure, people do luck such jumps, but it is also about progression. You learn the jump, you learn the timings; after practice, you will be getting further into the jump a lot more frequently. So, if you grind long enough, soon the jump will be a lot more achievable because the timings will become well known.

Also, nice .avi MadCow. I did think there were some filler clips in there (strafe, xtc, zg2, both vi5 clips), i.e. they didn't match the quality of some of the other footage / have already be shown in .avi's. My preferred clip was the l_concworld clip, to be honest. Fun and adventurous. The _ice double set-up midair-hh was pretty funky. I am surprised no one else has shown it in past .avi's, considering it is pretty blatant after seeing it in action.

Last edited by Player; 03-04-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Player is offline   Reply With Quote