Thread: ffdev roll call
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 10:04 PM   #73
BlisTer
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trepid_jon View Post
http://www.fortress-forever.com/devteam/ (*edit 3: welcome to flat land, say goodbye to dev titles)

We're remaking FF. Or more precisely, we're remaking TFC on a modern engine and the remake of FF will come naturally from that as well as a whole bunch of other awesome stuff.

Anyone willing to help, feel free to speak up.

More info real soon.

*edit*

basically, if you're a dev in the "past members" section but want to work on FF again, then we can put you in the active list. For now though, consider this a fresh start. If you don't want to work on FF, that's fine. The door's always open anyways

*edit 2*

The dev team page will be updated as more devs confirm their involvement.

It's not just Jesse and me, I assure you. There are already devs that are active like Dexter, hlstriker, Elmo, and squeek. However, the only person who has confirmed anytime recently is Jesse, who I talked to on the phone last night.

Within the next few days/weeks, we should have a good idea of which devs are still active and want to do this.

The key is wanting to do it. Nobody's going to be forced to work on FF, they have to want it.
LOL i've been thinking about an FF remake since a few weeks, but i arrived at the thought somewhat differently. Here's my chronology so far:
  1. Since a few months, being more and more interested in Oculus VR, realising it's gonna be a groundbreaking revolution in 2015 gaming (the "next platform" after PC/Web/Mobile)
  2. Seeing their founder
  3. Thinking, how cool would it be to make a CTF/AvD/etc in VR, i bet nobody's doing it (especially not like FF), why not start now
  4. ordering a rift DK2
  5. Subscribing to UE4 and slowly learning the basics (it's amazing btw)
  6. Modeling a char in 3ds max that takes into account Palmer's talk (above): i.e. i'm making a sort of exoskeleton like the APUs in Matrix3 but less beefy, since they need to move fluently (pm me if u wanna see the current status)
  7. I was gonna put a post here when i was at a stage that was worth sharing

So yeah! My question to you is, would VR be in the scope? Knowing that it can't be "just a display addon" (we'd need to build it from the ground up with VR in mind, affecting player models like i described above etc)? If so, count me in big time!

I don't wanna disrupt anything if you have a different thinking about the future of FF, in that case dismiss my post and you have my sincerest wishes of luck

grtz!