KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Rates are controlled by servers, so if a server has a maximum rate set to 20000 and a minimum of 10000, then if you set your own rate to something outside the max/min rates, the server will automatically set your rate to their max or min.

My server, for example, has a max rate of 0, which basically lets people set their rates to anything, but my server has a min rate of 8000, so if someone had a low rate, it would auto change to 8000 only while you are in my server.

When you disconnect from a server, and type 'rate' in console, you will notice it should be set back to what you had originally.

Also, most servers in FF run at a 66 tic rate, so try setting your cl_updaterate and cl_cmdrate commands to 66.

If you find you are getting too much choke in general that is not caused by a server rate limit, try pulling the rate back down by a thousand or so until the choke has disappeared. So if you have 30000, server has a max rate of 35000, but you still get choke, lower it down to 29000, or 28000 until the choke goes away.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.