View Single Post
Old 02-14-2005, 08:53 AM   #78
o_frankengoof

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
First started playing tfc in August 1999 with my brother, we both originally used the same name of Blackjoy. we're from australia, but for some reason only ever played in the Kali hunted server (gogo 1000ping!). short while after we decided to get our own names, and he became Hunter_Devourer and i became FrankenGoof.

Soon after that we discovered that there were australian servers and we learnt of the existence of clans! I remember refreshing the old Eisa TFC server constantly until a place became availably just to play with some random dudes from [CSM], [Vn] or [WTF].

Joined a few random public server clans in a period of about 2months, till i joined my first serious clan, [UFN] - The Underground Fragging Network. Stayed in this clan for about 10months till the leaders and most of the players became more and more involved in counter-strike. So me and fellow tfc leader Spawny decided to leave UFN and make another clan. =AF= - armed fury, didnt last long, we played flagrun against every clan and won almost every time, apart from that we usually lost everything badly ;].

around February 2001 =AF= disbanded and i was quickly poached by [LEGION], one of the better clans in australian TFC. played with LEGION for about 18months and was some of the most memorable times in TFC i can remember. playing with guys like schmuck, force, DB7, whoCares, zero just to name a few was mad fun.

near the end of 2002 i left LEGION for a brief stint in [+AmS+] so i could play tfc with a mate from school. didnt last long as i found tfc wasn't the same without the idiots from LEGION, so in early 2003 i rejoined LEGION (and was the first and only player who was ever allowed back in after quitting [i think]). more fun followed.

near the end of 2003 i left all things internet for a year to concentrate for my final year of school, after my yr12 exams had finished, i returned to tfc to discover that LEGION had died, most of the clans (BBQ, E4E, iRG, etc.) had also drifted away, and the only people i really knew in TFC were in clan RoK - a few old LEGION bums and some fellas from =AF=. i joined rok and am there today, attempting to play offense with the likes of force, noclip, hatzor, spawny and depops... and filling in for defense when players like bl1tzen, shard, silv3r, ashen, fiery_isles, ressah, hman, kerns dont show up. think thats pretty much the current active RoK squad.

thats my TFC career in a nutshell, im sure like most of us here, we could go on for pages and pages about the characters, maps, clans, experiences we've had from TFC, but that'll have to do for now ;].
o_frankengoof is offline   Reply With Quote