View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 05:27 PM   #24
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarsbane View Post
If/when 2.42 gets here it might contain soft clipping so that won't be a problem anymore.
You misunderstood what I mean, it's not just that your own team gets in the way, it's the fact that the enemy is in a constant stream against the other.

It's like trying to swim up river for both teams.

When I was playing neither side even bothered defending that spot, but if either one of them did, it would be next to impossible for anyone to get through.

Fewer people playing like a 6v6 or something would be perfect cause there's larger gaps in the enemy flow. But a full 11v11 the spot is just pure congestion, and with those wood beams there a concer has to be really pro just to squeeze through the physical dimensions and somehow avoid the stream of 11 people coming through, toss up an sg on either side, and a couple dedicated defenders, and it would be pure luck that you made it through.

This isn't a new problem either, warpath in TFC had the exact same issue. I remember one team would get the 4th cap then we could spend the rest of the map at that one spot. But since this is a new map for FF the issue could be addressed before a final release.

My suggestion would be to put an elevated tunnel on the side opposite the respawn door (where the side ramp is), something defense can use alternatively but offense would have difficulty entering. But not directly facing the same way as the main route, as to prevent a concer from quickly capping the 4th cap, then quickly bypassing any defense by concing straight from cap 4 to the alternate route straight into the FR.
Hammock is offline   Reply With Quote