Thread: Feminism
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 08:07 PM   #12
Bogdan6
El Hombre sin nombre

Class/Position: Medic, Offense
Gametype: Capture the flag
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
I'm cool with any kind of organization and movements as long as they demand equality and rights that everyone should have, not privilleges. As for feminism, I hardly believe it's really necessary in our days. Sure in certain backgrounds such as religious one or certain countries, there is still a level of sexism which needs to be fixed (or not, for some reason I have saw a lot of women complaining about their role in society in general, but passively accepting accusations from the church, but particular case). Unlike in older times, both sexes can now work, in a variety of domains (although most contruction-site workers for instance are men, and that's pretty hard work), both can vote, both take part in making a decision when comes to couples.

Now after browsing the internet for a good while, I have come across various stories in which women falsely acused men for rape or domestic violence and got a lot of support and in various cases, innocent men even being punished. While a man acusing his ex-wife/wife/whatever of domestic violence or reporting that he was raped is almost hardly taken serious. Now it really isn't equallity anymore, we need to keep things in balance.

I also agree with neoeffeks, we should keep the difference between the real feminist movement (which I'm sure it has decent followers with a noble cause) from tumblr feminism which are raging teenagers and/or crazy bitches.
Bogdan6 is offline   Reply With Quote