Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryLife View Post
Kube, Fox news it guilty of the same thing all news is guilty of. They do it to some greater extreme, but honestly that gap gets smaller and smaller every time I turn the TV on. I happen to find it hateful enough to change the channel and find my news elsewhere. However, if you are going to criticize FOX, then also realize that CNN and MSNBC also report with a bias agenda and with skewed facts.

MSNBC is almost worse than FOX in my opinion. I'd like a new channel that actually is fair and balanced. One that doesn't spin the news the way FOX does. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a demand for one. People want the news to agree with them and prefer the TV to make them feel as though their opinions are correct.

Libertarian's seem to be the most rational when it comes to approaching a situation. They have a reasonable solution to most problems because the constitution was forged pretty well. Personally though, I think we should just start over. There are too many ways for our existing constitution to be exploited and too many people who exploit it. We really need to put everything on hold , and bring in some new laws to protect the people. Every election just seems like a contest as to who can scam the american people the best.
Honestly, if you want to get "unbiased news".... look to foreign sources. It's still skewed a bit, but not as badly as on the home front. In essense, you have to realize that the truth is out there somewhere, but you have to do some work to get to it.

As for the constitution... the problem with it isn't that it's flawed, but that people use the "but it doesn't say I CAN'T, so I must be ALLOWED by default" reason to exploit it. That is why there are so many laws on the books, and why they are worded like they are. If people wouldn't look for loopholes, the law books would be the size of a comic book.

Face it, mankind isn't equipt to govern itself.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote