The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Mofo Mills View Post
I'm gonna weigh in again on classes then map types:

scout: Jumppad is now near useless. There is almost zero reward for setting one. You may get away with one near your base. I like that there is no timer on them. But I would like to see a little more balance. Maybe indestructability for 25 seconds or something. As a scout now, especially in a pub it's pointless. If not, just remove it. Why give me a tool that's not worth using?

sniper: meh. Pointless class but w/e.

soldier: I like the laser nade and am glad to not be exploding randomly when I conc around a corner. Would be good if when the lasers finished it 'poofed' like someone mentioned. You could use the overpressure, that would be perfect. something so someone hopping right next to it might get effected away, not necessarily damaged.

Demoman: Might like it if he had a slownade and the fatty a mirv. Personally I like the idea of detting a scout. It's very rewarding to get good at something.

Medic: I'm interested to see the changes. He is now kinda pointless.

Pyro: Not worth playing unless you just want to make people scream.

Engy: I like the engy.

Spy: Needs a gren2. I dislike the softclipping as disguised team. Part of finding the spy to me is accidentally running into them. Oh shit I can't run through this space..... Must be a spy!

Okay play styles:
CTF: If before offense wasn't much fun it's worse now. For me, I think the flag SHOULD be captured. Thats the fun in CAPTURE THE FLAG. Now it's just plain annoying. When I play offense I work my ass off, whether as scout or medic (the main offensive classes) to get the flags out. It's very likely to see my score -4 kills and 75 deaths. That's not likely to change, but now you'll get 1/8 the number of flags. Yay. And when they build 2 sg's and have a front door pyro and demo and hw that you can't kill as a medic anymore shit man, I Think I'll just go play D with everyone else. ON a side note: To break the defense now properly you have to take DEFENSIVE classes on offense. Am I missing something? Just what FF needed is feeling forced to play offensive soldiers and demos because you can't do it with offense classes.

AvD: I like the concept of the time limits I would suggest tweaking it this way. Have like a 4-5 minute limit per cap. If you cap the point, the timer resets and you continue on to point 2. If you don't cap in the 5 minutes then the round swaps. Stalemating at rd 1 of a 3-4 point map is kinda silly.

Just a few suggestions.
Much love
M0f0
Fucking christ, + 10. All of this.
eomoyaff is offline   Reply With Quote