Old 05-29-2008, 12:35 PM   #14
caesium
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: anything
Gametype: everything
Affiliations: #teamfail
Posts Rated Helpful 27 Times
to teh roflscopterers221

all so old and simple now but was kinda new and funky at the time i guess.

squeek: yeah i wanted/want to make "skillout forever" as a kinda promo video for FF, but there are too many things about FF that aren't done well enough (yet?) to make it worthwhile. also i tried to offer my help/advice when that guy made that "staying alive" monstricity but i was ignored (prolly not intentionally, nm)... and that was the begining of the end of FF for me rly

i'll do it one day if things eventually get fixed in FF, but sadly atm i've been kidnapped by tf2 simply because lots of ppl play it. although tf2's gameplay has been designed by ppl who clearly never experienced or understood high level tfc (and so is completely lacking the core elements that made tfc so great) i've been doing loads of "research" and have come up with a list of fairly simple mostly _apparantly_ insignificant changes to it that i recon would put those core elements right back in there and make it an awesome game for ppl who liked tfc (kinda the best concepts of tfc/ff/tf2, but all running under a "tf2 disguise" that to noobs makes the game appear to be pretty much identical to default tf2 - and hence acceptable...). next step is to make a plugin that does these changes..

p.s. i was going through a cupboard at the weekend and found my old mouse i used to make skillout and beyond... ebay perhaps? - "a piece of internets tf history rofls can be YOURS" ;p
caesium is offline   Reply With Quote