Thread: Euthanasia
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 09:01 PM   #4
_BEAN_

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogdan6 View Post
Yes, but there are probably a lot of cases where the patients gives consent and the family refuses, what solution can we get?

The emotional state comes into question when an individual is going through something like this. This is why family and others have the ability to step in and stop an individual from ending their life. I personally look at assisted suicide as an individual's way of not having the courage to kill themselves. I have gone through watching a family member die from cancer. It isn't a fun situation, but to give up on life, even when you have it still in your lungs, is not something I would suggest you do. If you want to take your own life, that is your choice, but asking someone to end yours because you don't have the strength to do it yourself seems rather cowardly to me.

We also have to take into consideration the slippery slope assisted suicide starts us down. When you can rationalize an act like this. What else are will be rationalized as rational and humane? Look at the insanity of the Eugenics movement that was started in the late 1800's. It was sterilizing people "the state" deemed unworthy of reproduction. Who has the right to do this to another? I believe dealing with a topic as serious as this should not be taking place from an emotional stance.

Last edited by _BEAN_; 06-08-2015 at 11:23 PM.
_BEAN_ is offline   Reply With Quote