View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 02:32 PM   #46
o_sk

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I never really played online multiplayer games. Too busy with consoles I guess. Only briefly tried Quake with a joypad (I wondered how others managed to look up/down so quickly. I found TFC when visiting a friends house at college. After having a quick go (with a mouse) I managed to borrow Half-Life off a friend. I download the HL update and the individual download for TFC (ISDN in college was the shit back then!). I basically lived on Demons servers with rock2 being my favourite map. I didnt get on with wireplay since I wasnt a BTInternet user at the time and also the shit client you had to install. Looking back though I praised GameSpy at the time . After a time I joined a few mess about clans. I finally joined +SA+ which was really my first serious clan. We never really did too well and lost pretty much every match we played
Was fun though and after a very few number of games the clan just fizzled out. I joined BarrysWorld as a public admin after not too long and also joined the BarrysWord TFC League (BWTFCL) as a ref. Season 6 of the league I took on an admin role and sadly pretty much ran the league by myself with the help from some refs. I closed the league at this point since teams were hard to find and others weren’t interested in the league. BarrysWorld got brought out by Game UK and renamed to Game.Net. Shortly after I joined Jolt as a public admin and im still there today. Game.Net disappeared along with my TFC memories. I do miss reffing games as I have never considered myself to be as good as many others. So I do enjoy watching others, being a ref you get exactly this. I tend to live at the www.DemoCentre.net viewing every demo that gets posted there. If there’s any leagues that need an active ref/admin then im still around!
I currently run a website which has been quite some fun, I also host a small SvenCoop server which has been the #1 UK server for some time now.
No one tends to remember me but I suppose thats what you get when your not playing the game professionally.
o_sk is offline   Reply With Quote