View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 06:11 PM   #54
myersjr

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock
Please explain to me how you can possibley think the spread of infection takes skill. I'm curious how someone actually rationalizes the randomness of bumping into your own teammate in respawn to become infected takes any bit of skill at all.

The initial infect takes skill, you have to get close to perform the action. So in answer to the original question of this thread, no I don't think someone completely focusing on infecting anyone and everyone in the base is unsportsmanlike because now it takes skill for each and every infect. Before the removal of spreading, yes it was very very unsportsmanlike.
Correct me if im wrong, but nowhere in my post, did i say it required skill. I just said it was part of the game, that added a certain facet, be it lucky or whatever..It was in there and people had to watch out for it. To me, it made it more interesting. Just to see how it would affect the other team. Whether or not it would give the chance for the o to get in and get the flag when the d either died or suicided?? True that most would prolly suicide before they died from it or infected their team, but thats not the point. If you got O coming in the fort, and you're playing D and you're low on health or dying of aids, its gonna make it easier on the O. Am i wrong?? As many have stated before, they would suicide..no big deal. At least in FF it prolly wouldnt make a huge difference cuz the speed is so fast..but it made a difference in TFC..or considering how fast the O classes are in FF, maybe it would?? Especially with the addition of the man cannon..?? YOur thoughts Hammock??