Thread: ffdev roll call
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 04:58 PM   #83
BlisTer
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trepid_jon View Post
We can definitely create good VR support in FF, even with the movement being so extreme.

[...] focus on improving the game with the aide of VR instead of trying to cram some shallow VR stuff in.

With VR, you start thinking about how to really make the player feel like they're there, and you can accurately test how it feels instead of relying on 2D monitors and whatnot. In doing so, it makes the non-VR modes even better too.
All right. I'll try to help with the VR angle / gameplay, as well as leveldesign like in the olden days

To the naysayers i say let's try it at least before dismissing it. If we're gonna make a new tfc / FF let's try to make it as broad as possible instead of an incremental step that will just reach / appeal to this current community. I agree we shouldn't have an impossible scope, but if we're gonna keep the scope too limited it's gonna be dead in the water upon release too. It should be "next gen" and jaw-dropping beyond this community.

2 members found this post helpful.