View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 01:55 PM   #2
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogdan6 View Post
Source of the article

Isn't this a bit too far? I know that probably out of all country, the US may be arch-enemies of the terrorists and should be cautious, but damn there is a line between caution and paranoia. I've heard similar stories of kids getting suspended for playing with toy swords or pretending to be knights, due to "violence limitation" politics.

While he may not show his creations in public, which can limit the horizons and thus cannot possibly get credit or make an actual living out of it. Not to say some may get discouraged and abandon the hobby.

Opinions?
I think adding a picture of the device may help.

Arstechnica Article

For me I think it bears watching this story and time will tell if this was some isolated and unfortunate misunderstanding or part of some broader plot. I would point out that the view that the US is the archenemy of terrorists is overplaying things a bit. Everyone that doesn't kneel with them at the same time and in the same way and doesn't say the same words is their enemy.

Was the unsolicited move of bringing this creation to school a bright move? Probably not. The kid is 14 and having demonstrated ability in the engineering space doesn't mean that his judgment is any different from his peers. Likewise, we see example after example of teachers and police showing poor decision making skills. If we see, in the coming days, more stories like this...or a bomb that ends up being transported in a case like this...it changes how we view this story.

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote