D&A Member

Class/Position: I'm an Offensive Defensive person
Gametype: Fortress Forever
Affiliations: I'm a merc, only thing that talks is money
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
I have a solution.

O classes spawn in one place, and have a 30 second countdown before doors open, while D classes spawn in another place(closer to the FR) and may exit immediately.

Will it stop an O run from D classes? No... but they aren't as fast about it either.
Thats one of the suggestions I made just without the 30 second countdown. I think 10 to 15 seconds should be more then long enough.

Basically just need to give the defense time to even start to setup before O comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenghisTron View Post
The only person lying is you. It doesn't matter how good the scout is, if you can't get from the top respawn to the flagroom before a scout can go ALL THE WAY ACROSS A HUGE MAP, maybe this game is not for you.
Wow you totally ignore facts don't you?

Nubs, who is a good scout says he can make it there in 10 seconds or less.

Thats coming from the TOP SPAWN were everyone else is.

The scout is the fastest class and can go at least 3 to 4 times faster then an engi with a conc and seeing as how wide open space is very close to that spawn where EVERYONE spawns he just steps out the door, primes a conc and soon as its ready hes out in the open ready to go. By this time the engi is either just at or hasn't hit the door for the flag area and the scout if hes half decent is already coming down the spawn area hall or flying through the little tunnel under the spawn area or the tunnel via the back way (little longer but usually clear of people).
Gwarsbane is offline   Reply With Quote