FreaK367
Everyones favorite FreaK
D&A Member

Class/Position: Scout, Engineer and Sniper
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 17 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek. View Post
By the way, this is technically double jump concing. Double jumps are done by jumping twice within a set period of time. Trimps are activated by jumping while rampsliding.

That said, there is a bug where you can trigger a double jump and a trimp at the same time which makes you go super high, and is what zE's trimp skill maps are based around for the most part. This makes the line between the two techniques blurrier than it really should be.
I've never heard of the expression "double jumping" in FF, I always assumed it was just trimping, because on trimp maps that is my technique, I usually make up speed bhopping, then bhop onto the ramp crouched, then stand up and hold jump as I hit the ramp and it gets great distance, that's how I beat zE's and other trimp maps. He actually taught me how to do it.

The only time I properly trimp using that description would be on maps like Aardvark when I get launched into a rampslide. Or if I get a lucky conc and hit a ramp perfectly so it launches me really high in a yard or so.
FreaK367 is offline   Reply With Quote