Old 02-13-2010, 09:13 PM   #444
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
Quote:
The only way you can die from a sniper is by your own decision - you can avoid the situation entirely by not going in the yard (thereby negating their range advantage). In both cases (pipe trap on security/flag and sniper in yard), the solution is to not play offense. If you're playing offense, you can't avoid attempting to deactivate security with pipes laid on it on any easier than you can avoid crossing the yard with a sniper defending it. If you're playing offense, you can't avoid either situation. If you're playing defense, you can definitely avoid both.
Again, I personally get by you 80% of the time. But saying that in order for us to avoid you, we have to play defense, is negating the whole purpose of having an offense, or playing it, which takes the learning curve away from newer players who want to experience the offensive side of the game (and by that, I mean not experience a laser camping their base entrance 24/fucking/7.). And all of this pretty much rounds right back into Born's discussion in his other thread. "Elephant # 1 - Defense vs. Defense." By you playing the sniper across the yard, cancels out the learning curve of newer offensive players, thus "forcing" them to play defense. And when they go defense, they find it easier, thus prefering to play it more just to avoid that same laser. They develop defensive skills and well, there you have it. Snipers aren't broken, but they brake the game.

And I'm sure you might have something intellegent to say against this or disagree with what I'm saying or w/e, I don't give a shit. But the point stands as is. You're not fair to the newer players that are trying to learn something about this game.

And I believe what you stated above makes you look more like a dick then someone who is trying make a point about snipers.

Last edited by eomoyaff; 02-13-2010 at 09:15 PM.