eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreaK367 View Post
When I went on FF and recorded this, I wasn't thinking about how complex I could make concing, because although I can hit a sweet conc and do things with it, I still don't consider myself good enough with the scout, to do the more advanced stuff and show it to others.

But since I've been learning scout over the past few months, I try to pick up tricks and techniques to use in general, but that are also specific to a single map.

That's why this video was a map specific video, so I could at least show people a first person view of those tricks that the best scouts and medics use on ff_dropdown. And the grenade bar helps.

From that, anyone with basic scouting skill should be able to try out the first example (even if it wasn't as well shot as I would have liked), crouching over the edge then dropping as you throw your conc down, has a higher success rate, and once it's done a few times people can judge it better and go in at more speed.

I only started properly playing the scout this year, and my only way of learning was to watch others, often from the 3rd person perspective or during gameplay. And I took it upon myself to self learn myself some things I've seen others do, and I discovered I could do other things just by chance.

One day I might make a hardcore concing video, but I'm not 100% confident to do it at the moment, and it would probably take me hundreds of takes.
Spectate Pickups TBH. You'd learn a lot quicker.
eomoyaff is offline   Reply With Quote