View Single Post
Old 01-29-2005, 07:00 AM   #37
o_[p]asphyxia

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Greetings and hallucinations to all! As a long time TF/TFC player, I was excited as could be to find out that someone was doing a TF mod. I am eagerly awaiting it's release and from what I've seen so far, I like it. It seems to me that you all have made a great deal of progress. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing more as the project continues!

A little about me...

I was introduced to QWTF by a close friend in 1997 after playing months of Thunderwalker CTF (say it with me.... SPOOOON!) and Rocket Arena. It took a bit of getting used to it, but I soon fell in love with it. I joined [P] (The Pact) in 1998 and played in a few memorable matches against the fellas at PlanetFortress. Unfortunately, we disbanded not long after I joined, but several of us took up the torch and reformed the clan for TFC.

For the better part of three years, we played together. We weren't 404 or PF but we could hold our own. We had our share of good times and bad times. After a merger with KoB, most of the original [P] decided to hang it up.

I spent most of my QWTF time as a sniper and a medic. Having the work connection didn't hurt me there. I would drive in to work (one hour one way) after hours to participate in matches. I had a blast! When TFC came out, I started as a soldier, but fell victim to a poor cable connection at home and became quickly discouraged at my drastic decline. I then decided to take up a new career as an engineer and that seemed to be the answer I was looking for.

My clan was one of the classiest clans around. We didn't break any records, take any league by storm (#20 in OGL, STA Silver, TFL Division 2) but we played with honor and won or lost graciously. We didn't believe in trash talking, complaining about other clans, or badmouthing the dirty players. We have had three meetings of our members in Chicago, Florida, and Washington DC and we have developed an almost brotherly bond.

That's enough waffling....

Keep up the good work! If you fellas need some late night testers... I will gladly help!
o_[p]asphyxia is offline   Reply With Quote