View Single Post
Old 04-16-2006, 09:31 AM   #131
o_caesium

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbrifer
Well blast, I figured that the screens on the front and the website were of the updated map. Oh well.

Thanks for letting me know
Yeah, there were just 2 things you suggested that have NOT already been implemented for beta2:

1. You suggested "Try border textures around the windows - like on the resupply walkway". How exactly do you mean, because I'm pretty happy with those atm. They feel very simple and un-fussy, and have a nice shape to them imo.

2. The texturing on the roof of the main ramp, and also on the front of the base, are unchanged atm. However, some nice trim has been added both on the front of the base and at the top of the main ramp. It's possible both these textures will change once the real FF ones are available, but I really like the cartoony rustic feel created by the texture on the front of the base atm. I know lots of ppl disagree, and so did I to start with, but when you play it ingame it grows on you fast, and any other textures I try now (and believe me, I've tried all I can find!) just look too serious and wrong. I think we have to wait until you see it with the trim in beta2, and then when ppl start to playtest the map and spend a few hours running around it maybe it will start to grow on them too If it doesn't grow on ppl, then yeah, of course I will change it, but for now it's the only texture I can find that captures the happy sunny unintimidating feeling that I want to create. So don't worry, I am trying things here.

Thanks for the feedback

Last edited by o_caesium; 04-16-2006 at 03:20 PM.
o_caesium is offline   Reply With Quote