View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 10:21 PM   #13
AbsoluteZero

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
I had a supposed Boneyard admin tell me he had some sort of proof I was cheating. I think he might be talking about me setting cl_interp .01 and cl_interp_ratio 1 in my user configuration. These are user preferences that are allowed on most counterstrike servers and are allowed in ESEA league competition. It allows for more accurate model to hit box tracking. I understand that some people may have scripts that change this setting rapidly that give them an advantage, but my settings were constant and I was allowed back in the server after I changed them to cl_interp .1 and cl_interp_ratio 2. Most CStrike servers automatically change the setting and set a minimum so you cannot have as high accuracy because it can cause a processing toll on the server refreshing the hitboxes to what you see on the screen.

I like to be precise. I think this is why people are talking about some logs that I have never seen that some how prove I am a cheater. Here is the forum, post the logs that prove I am a cheater.

Do you know how I know there is no proof? Because I did not cheat! You may have some log of the described above event, but it is not a cheat. Literally anyone can change that setting in their console at any time.

This is what happened:

Erwin Rommel bans me because I am new and he does not believe I can be that good, so he assumes I cheat and I am permanently banned from the server. No video, no proof. He cuts a corner, makes the game more fun for him, I get it and I am not even mad about it.

I post on the forums, as you can see above, to get unbanned understanding that people ban good players all the time for the same assumptions.

Eventually, after playing on Moto's a while, I am told I should reach out to Juicey who subsequently unbans me. I remain unbanned after testing it for a few days and, not while playing, I try to connect one day and find that I am banned again. Juicey is on my friends list at this point and believes it is a linked ban plugin that is sharing ban lists from other servers and I was automatically rebanned. He attempts to disable the plugin and I am unbanned.

Time passes and I see people on Boneyard playing and I join up and I get kicked with a notification of invalid interp settings. I change the settings and join back and did not have a problem with the new default settings, just not what I prefer.

Later, I try to reconnect and I am already banned.

Juicey has since unfriended me and has not responded to my requests and has not told me anything. My guess is the above event was told to him by another admin and he decided not to bother troubleshooting the plugin issue.

Really I think it is the plugin that keeps rebanning from another server where, again no proof exists, some one else or maybe an admin based on word of mouth has banned me as well. The person claiming to be an admin on "every other server other than Moto's" when we were playing said he saw my ban on an East Coast server, I think it is an IP ban because I do not even see it on my list.

Either way this is a false positive. I do not even have all my configurations setup for my classes yet. I tried FF for a while, but my computer just cannot handle some of the maps and I did not feel I could compete at the level I wanted to without new hardware.

I realize it can be guilty until proven innocent on this issue and it is easy to just brush it off and think that there is a chance he hacks and that is good enough for most people, but I encourage the admins to actually review and prove that I was using some sort of hack and to unban me when they get a chance to do so. I know I never have cheated and never will and I get people who just do not want to play with me, but don't say it is hacks when you have no proof and you will not even post the evidence you call proof.

Last edited by AbsoluteZero; 02-05-2017 at 10:52 PM.
AbsoluteZero is offline   Reply With Quote