View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 08:53 AM   #78
caesium
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: anything
Gametype: everything
Affiliations: #teamfail
Posts Rated Helpful 27 Times
Wait, have they said it's going to have multiple movement types (namely cpma/vq3) or am I misunderstanding?

I don't see anything inherently wrong with the champions concept. I think there's plenty of potential for awesomeness or completely fucking it up, and it all lies in the specifics of the abilities. Ofc there will be many long-term fans for whom it's not cool no matter how well it's done, but the reality is they are a minority of the target player base so it's just fingers crossed on that one.

It absolutely needs to have proper mapping support plus a noob-proof menu system for finding games which has official-server-based "quick play" (unranked) and "competitive play" (ranked) for each gamemode, as well as a "custom play" server browser for non-official servers. Not too much to ask, surely? :/

After that for me it's all about gamemodes. I'm sure it'll have the standard DM gamemodes nailed, but I'd really love there to be a competitive/organised-targeted gamemode where it's not essentially just about killing stuff to best complete the objective (e.g. how about CTF without flag return on touch???? despite its flaws that most of us here know well that would be great compared to anything else out there atm).

Assuming the game has solid underpinnings (hey, this is quake isn't it?) then proper modding support would be awesome at some point down the line but mainly if [when?..] it fails to deliver what I/others want. I don't see it as being essential to getting the game off the ground initially. Quake Champions Fortress??? Forever?