View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 11:54 PM   #44
SizeableSSonic
Joystick Junkie
D&A Member

Class/Position: Engineer or Sniper
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to SizeableSSonic Send a message via MSN to SizeableSSonic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc View Post
I don't think you can equate car and health insurance. To start no form of insurance is required by the Constitution. Insurance mandates occur at the state level where it belongs. Car Insurance exists almost entirely to address personal and direct liability you would have to others for your actions...whether accidental or deliberate. Health Insurance exists entirely for your direct use. They aren't the same.
You completely ignored what I said. If you get sick, and you do not have health insurance, and make a visit to the emergency room, it is payed for by tax payers.

You even said that the car insurance mandate belongs at the state level. whether it is the state or federal level, it is still the government. What's the difference? You're still mandated to get insurance.

Quote:
Do you believe that the people who aren't paying the way for their healthcare now are going to be forced to do it by this law? I disagree. The rest of the public is STILL going to be paying for their health care. Whether through subsidizing that expense by stealing money from others or simple carrying on now as they always have...the rest of us will still be carrying their burden.
You do realize that there are a ton of people in their twenties who could afford insurance but choose not too buy it because they think they do not need it? Now they will have to buy it. Although, now that I mention it, people such as my self will soon be allowed to stay on their parents insurance until they are twenty six. Do you think that is a bad idea, too?

Quote:
I do not believe that the Constitution is outdated. I believe that as it is written and amended it is a wonderfully fair and righteous framework for existence in the US. I think things would be much better if it were actually adhered to by the Federal Government. The Fed being prohibited from infringing on the rights to protected speech, faith, assembly, petition the Fed for Redress of Grievance, right to defense (bear arms) are great elements of that!. Mandatory purchase of anything by the People is not something that belongs in the Constitution nor should it be within the purview of the Fed. That includes Health Insurance.
When did I mention freedom of speech? When did I mention the right the bear arms? I believe that the Bill of Rights is one of the few things in the Constitution that should remain as it is. I believe that the Constitution is outdated in it's definition of the federal government's powers, not in the rights of a citizen. I believe you have the right to speak against this health care bill, and I have just as much a right to be for it (although some things do irk me). I believe that a person does have a right to defend themselves, with armed force if necessary. I'm talking more about what the federal government can and can't do, not the citizen. Don't try to change the debate.

Last edited by SizeableSSonic; 04-04-2010 at 11:56 PM.
SizeableSSonic is offline   Reply With Quote